Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 19, 2022 * 1 post * 44 views
ArticlesDavid mullins said:
In From the Cold. It was a cold winters day when we arrived in Philadelphia late in1961with a full load of general cargo. The schedule was from Philly, down the eastern seaboard, ... Read more >>
June 19, 2022 * 27 posts * 500 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Just an observation Graham made to one of my posts. I think it was the one about Vives? He mentioned dad was on ships for only a month during one period of his merchant career. ... Read more >>
June 16, 2022 * 25 posts * 410 views
ArticlesDavid mullins said:
Following the article "Shanghaied" last month, I was pleased and delighted on seeing the photograph of the MV British Monarch which Graham Shaw kindly submitted. Gazing at various ... Read more >>
June 17, 2022 * 13 posts * 342 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJames Curry said:
A new ferry for the Isle of Man steam packet company was floated out yesterday on time I don't know if it is on budget? the attached link may be of interest. From keel laying to ... Read more >>
June 19, 2022 * 14 posts * 277 views
Ask the Forumj.sabourn said:
Looking at my records the last R/O I sailed with was in 1982 and this was on a vessel on a MOD charter. The only other one was on a Russian ship in 1998. The Russian vessel was ... Read more >>
June 13, 2022 * 32 posts * 766 views
Union Castlej.sabourn said:
I was 2nd. Mate on the Jedmoor in March 1960 when we loaded General Cargo for N.Z. among the bits of eveything from a pin to larger commodities was a dead lady who the sights of ... Read more >>
June 19, 2022 * 15 posts * 246 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
A new cruise ship being built a Wismar, Germany, maiden voyage maybe to the scrapyard. The owners have gone bust and no one seems to want to purchase the unfinished ship. More ... Read more >>
June 18, 2022 * 4 posts * 146 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
Where I live in a Retirement Village which is of RAAFA vintage and there are others the Head one being at Bulls Creek which also holds their museum whose latest addition is a Tornado ... Read more >>
June 14, 2022 * 3 posts * 182 views
Poetry & BalladsDoc Vernon said:
The Graveyard of theAtlantic ocean On Diamond Shoalswith all its dreads, This September three years ago, There's aflashing buoy and a ship painted red. A tropicalhurricane swept ... Read more >>
June 13, 2022 * 3 posts * 109 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
CAP BADGE He wore that badge in rain or shine, It belonged to dad but now it's mine. It's brightness gone, it's colors fade, From the salty air on trips he made. I took the badge ... Read more >>

More...