Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
May 31, 2009 * 45 posts * 14,774 views
CunardCaptain Gordon Whittaker said:
Served my time, 1957, with Cunard, "Brescia" & "Arabia", at £9 per month, mainly bilge-diving, tank cleaning and weekend unpaid nightwatch! In between, managed a bit of navigation and watchkeeping, but did most mornings washing down and ... Read more >>
December 18, 2009 * 11 posts * 5,130 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsCaptain Gordon Whittaker said:
It all seemed so unreal as I stared over the stern rail of Motor Vessel, (m.v.), Brescia, watching the Liverpool Bar light vessel fade away to the North. The muddy brown water of the Mersey was mingling with the dull waves of the Irish Sea ... Read more >>
September 09, 2019 * 4 posts * 14,046 views
General ArticlesDoc Vernon said:
On behalf of Dennis McGuckin Many Thanks Den ... Read more >>
June 10, 2022 * 17 posts * 297 views
Union CastleBryan Portwig said:
the island breeze x transvaal castle - later - sa vaal - festivale - island breeze and as the last big red boat 111 - a unusual image of her in all white livery [image] Read more >>
June 10, 2022 * 20 posts * 435 views
Ask the ForumRobert George Young said:
I'm writing a book about my dad's life and would love to include the many ships he was on during 1947-1973 I'm sure most are copyrighted. Probably all are. Just wondered best place ... Read more >>
June 08, 2022 * 11 posts * 296 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsCaptain Kong said:
AM STILL HER ,BT IN A SEVERE NEVER ENDING PAIN. After SIX MONTHS they still do not know what is wrong I have been examined by nearly every Dept. on three hospitals. I still cannot ... Read more >>
June 11, 2022 * 10 posts * 217 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
In dad's first discharge book There were numbers under the very good Just wondered what they were ? Thank you Read more >>
June 10, 2022 * 5 posts * 129 views
Wonder if somebody would be kind enough to explain this ? I'm guessing it doesn't apply now but did in the good years 1950-1960's? Thank you Not sure how I would go on🙄 ... Read more >>
June 11, 2022 * 5 posts * 82 views
Just going back to a post I made a couple of years ago I see there is some question about it? I'm not sure if it was resolved ? Wonder if members that questioned aspects of voyage ... Read more >>
June 07, 2022 * 5 posts * 159 views
Periodically I post quite a lot of stuff Mainly questions I'm 71 In 2016 I started looking at Dad's life Mum threw him out in 1960 Mainly drink We had a bit of a relationship but ... Read more >>

More...