Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 02, 2022 * 12 posts * 324 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Old fella joined foreign legion...jumped a ship in Algiers Flash back memory Vernon is kindly helping me on this and other things But so pleased to find brothers text I thought ... Read more >>
June 03, 2022 * 67 posts * 1,542 views
General Member DiscussionFouro said:
I have every respect for our present Queen. She has reigned this country impeccably for seventy years. She has also had to deal with lots of trauma within her own family. Firstly ... Read more >>
May 31, 2022 * 21 posts * 445 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Just wondered what the feeling was when you had done your last trip? When you knew working at sea was something you would never do again? Thank you Read more >>
June 05, 2022 * 10 posts * 140 views
Ask the ForumRobert George Young said:
I'm sure an able seaman needs more skills now than previous decades? Or is that wrong ? Every job I know now requires more skills Clerical Mechanic Etc Would that apply to todays ... Read more >>
May 31, 2022 * 5 posts * 161 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLouis the fly said:
For the first half of my time at sea the only tickets I needed in my book were EDH with lifeboat ticket and AB'S ticket. I was qualified to join any ship, no matter how large or ... Read more >>
June 05, 2022 * 3 posts * 85 views
General Member DiscussionDoc Vernon said:
It is always so very sad to hear of the good old ones that have passed on, and seems like the time is coming one by one for all us older ones, but that is life i guess and we must ... Read more >>
June 02, 2022 * 2 posts * 80 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Harland &Wolff have won their first new build order, o.k. so it's only a series of barges but hopefully further orders for actual ships may follow on. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
June 01, 2022 * 1 post * 290 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Missing At Sea?May 11, 2022 * 33 posts * 1,177 views Help with using this siteTony Byrne said: ShanghaiedMay 22, 2022 * 6 posts ... Read more >>
May 31, 2022 * 1 post * 86 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDes Taff Jenkins said:
Hi Graham. Found the pics of the Caernarvon on the breakwater in the Tees not Newcastle Cheers Des [image] Read more >>
May 30, 2022 * 1 post * 59 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
The following film may be of interest (if its not been posted before) to some recent enquiries fro member with regard to DEM gunners. Also to show what life was like in the 2nd ... Read more >>

More...