Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
May 02, 2022 * 1 post * 26 views
ArticlesDavid mullins said:
To my mind Prince Line, part of the Furness Withy Group, was one of those shipping companies held in high esteem by Manchester seafarers. The majority of the fleet were small 3 hatch vessels with good accommodation and better than normal ... Read more >>
May 01, 2022 * 13 posts * 218 views
Swinging the LampHarry Nicholson said:
Another site got me thinking about the environmental disaster of the tanker, Torrey Canyon, that hit Cornish rocks in 1967. I had come ashore a few years earlier and was working ... Read more >>
April 25, 2022 * 28 posts * 789 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohnny Kieran said:
Anyone sail on the City of Ely around 1962? I considered it one of the worst things that could happen to a human being at the time, but look back on it as an adventure that not ... Read more >>
April 28, 2022 * 66 posts * 2,011 views
P & Oj.sabourn said:
#30 Never heard of it being a closed shop .It was an association . And called a union only in title when re-named Union as in Numast.It had no teeth and was more of a friendly ... Read more >>
April 27, 2022 * 5 posts * 135 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyRichard joyce said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Ronald Sydney Joyce Discharge Book Number - Department Catering Your Rank/Rating Chief Steward Which Ships were you on and When MV Naticina ... Read more >>
May 01, 2022 * 4 posts * 115 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJulie Rivers said:
Hi all, I've searched the BT 113, 112, 120 In BT112/120 I found William Rivers born 1802 Cowes Isle of Wight. It looks as if his last ship was the Jannett around 1838. (Mate) there ... Read more >>
May 01, 2022 * 23 posts * 717 views
Ask the ForumDavid Bell-Lennan said:
Mike. in 1972 on a trip back to my home town Grays went to the beach where as a boy I spent many hours. along from the beach Columbia Wharf and Wards Shipbreaking Yard the Collier ... Read more >>
April 27, 2022 * 1 post * 268 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Keith MobbsApril 21, 2022 * 10 posts * 153 views Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyKeith Mobbs said: Transvaal Castle - later FestivaleApril ... Read more >>
April 27, 2022 * 1 post * 39 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyPaul Piddock said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Paul Piddock Discharge Book Number R 911665 Department Catering Your Rank/Rating Bell Boy, Steward, Catering Officer Which Ships were you ... Read more >>
April 26, 2022 * 1 post * 35 views
Canadian PacificPeter Kohler said:
I have added an article on Canadian Pacific's R.M.S. EMPRESS OF SCOTLAND to my blog "Wanted on Voyage" [link] This is a comprehensive operational history of this magnificent vessel, ... Read more >>

More...