Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
April 01, 2022 * 8 posts * 207 views
Ask the ForumMichael Black said:
Wondering if anyone can identify this flag I don't even know if it is a shipping company flag. It belonged to my late father in law. It is on a sugar shaker that was in one of ... Read more >>
March 30, 2022 * 11 posts * 321 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsgraham holmes said:
Hi All, New to site, and not even sure if this is the right place to ask for help. My father below was on this ship as a new RN Recruit Edwin Frederick Kenneth Holmes Arrival Age: ... Read more >>
April 04, 2022 * 4 posts * 72 views
Armyj.sabourn said:
Ref. The altercation between the media and the holder of the VC to the Named in short and the case against the media and the plaintiff for damages. I tried to interpret what the ... Read more >>
March 31, 2022 * 5 posts * 131 views
Ask the ForumPatrick Macleod said:
Hi, Can anyone confirm if it is possible to get a replacement discharge book for one that was lost 40-50 years ago. The book was issued to my brother in Scotland in 1967. Still ... Read more >>
March 29, 2022 * 9 posts * 197 views
Articlesj.sabourn said:
I think unless actually there and saw the amount of play on the anchor and cable would be a deciding factor . Putting the anchor in gear and heaving in further would obviously ... Read more >>
April 04, 2022 * 7 posts * 100 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Just wondered how many Ethel's there would have been? 3? Dad was on one 1951 Any photos of that one ? And any info about it? Thank you Bob Read more >>
March 30, 2022 * 12 posts * 759 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert Barrett said:
Joined the "Port St. John" in New York December 1958. Port Line being part of Cunard sent us out on the RMS Queen Mary. Good old days. Read more >>
March 30, 2022 * 29 posts * 2,050 views
Nautical TalesGerard Fisher said:
JS, They did the entire platform: drill rig, topsides and jacket. This was unusual and I guess the insurers just wanted a simple solution that did not involve multiple design companies. ... Read more >>
March 29, 2022 * 24 posts * 1,060 views
Ask the ForumDoc Vernon said:
Hi Capt As i have said before mate, i really am so sorry this is happening as i know that you were always an active Person, now to be like this must be dreadful, and i cannot imagine ... Read more >>
April 02, 2022 * 48 posts * 4,917 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsKeith Adams said:
My older brother Brian S Adams was a VINDI lad. Sadly died 27 months ago. Once he found Cunard he wouldn’t sail for anyone else. Have to locate his soft Paper backed Discharge ... Read more >>

More...