Click here to view on the web
|
|
Highlighted posts
|
|
January 06, 2022 * 10 posts * 702 views
William Mair said:
Hi, reading some of the first trips on here brought back some great memories which I thought I would share. I served my apprenticeship at Ravenscraig steelworks in Motherwell from 68-73 and joined my first ship early the following year as a ... Read more >>
February 04, 2022 * 13 posts * 513 views
Stephen Harding said:
Hi, I am researching my Grandad and know he was on the ship HMLST3011 in 1944 celebrating his 18th birthday, we have a picture of him on his birthday with shipmates, his name was John Caddick but some differences with his DOB 26th May 1924 ... Read more >>
July 12, 2018 * 6 posts * 2,736 views
Doc Vernon said:
Miss Billie Ellis was a First Lieutenant in the US Army Medical Corps during the peak years of the Second World War, in 1943. Recently, aboard the Cunard liner Queen Victoria, she recalled a voyage in another Cunarder --- long-ago and ... Read more >>
July 03, 2018 * 12 posts * 4,908 views
Doc Vernon said:
Late in 1939 an unprecedented wave of strikes by Indian seamen, the largest of the non-European ethnic groups employed in the shipping industry, quickly showed the indispensability of the sons of empire. Subsequent strikes and mass ... Read more >>
February 23, 2022 * 8 posts * 306 views
John Arton said:
According to the attached the Suez canal tops the world where port officials demand bribes from vessels transiting. I was surprised to see Lagos is quite a way down the list, last ... Read more >>
February 27, 2022 * 6 posts * 112 views
Des Taff Jenkins said:
Had some of the heaviest rain I have seen this year, only one road open to Cooma . But nothing compared to the floods in Queensland, where one river as of last night hadn't peaked ... Read more >>
February 23, 2022 * 3 posts * 116 views
Brian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
I have converted this but each page contains too much text for the database to deal with. Read more >>
February 22, 2022 * 9 posts * 247 views
j.sabourn said:
Does anyone remember on some ships years ago they had printed on a plaque somewhere on the bridge or if there was a rev counter similar to what they would have had in the engine ... Read more >>
February 23, 2022 * 1 post * 374 views
NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Sons Of Empire concerning seamen in the merchant navy during world war II.July 03, 2018 * 12 posts * 4,908 views World WarsDoc ... Read more >>
February 22, 2022 * 17 posts * 535 views
j.sabourn said:
#9 A skipper offshore in 1991 when I started off here in WA on the lowest paid offshore vessel was on over 70,000 and that was 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. If on construction was ... Read more >>

More...