Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
July 03, 2018 * 12 posts * 4,908 views
World WarsDoc Vernon said:
Late in 1939 an unprecedented wave of strikes by Indian seamen, the largest of the non-European ethnic groups employed in the shipping industry, quickly showed the indispensability of the sons of empire. Subsequent strikes and mass ... Read more >>
April 06, 2017 * 5 posts * 1,699 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
This video shows a car carrier entering Durban in 40 knot winds, bit rolly polly. Watch: Gale Force Winds Rock Ship in Durban – gCaptain rgds JA ... Read more >>
February 17, 2022 * 32 posts * 578 views
News SnippetsJohn Arton said:
Years ago many scoffed at the idea of rogue waves, not anymore though. This wave has been recorded off the coast of British Columbia, certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near ... Read more >>
February 17, 2022 * 17 posts * 326 views
News SnippetsDoc Vernon said:
This Ship carrying a large load of Luxury Cars on Fire . What a waste of such lovely Vehicles! But hope that all on Board were safe anyway! Cheers An Abandoned Cargo Ship Carrying ... Read more >>
February 19, 2022 * 7 posts * 165 views
Ask the ForumKeith Blackhall said:
Hi, I recently received a copy of my grandad's CRS10 from the National Archives. In the "character" column, there are some abbreviations (usually in red) which I can't find the ... Read more >>
February 20, 2022 * 7 posts * 140 views
News SnippetsKeith Tindell said:
I have just been reading on the news that the Dutch Coastguard are trying to locate 26 empty containers afloat in the North sea. That would cause some worry, especially at night, ... Read more >>
February 19, 2022 * 7 posts * 124 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
In the late Sixties and early seventies I was employed on a couple of ships carrying steel cargoes for the Eastern States and up the lakes to Chicago and Detroit with mainly hot ... Read more >>
February 19, 2022 * 2 posts * 84 views
Politics and NewsTrevor Bodiam said:
Well the 2 storms have been and mostly gone leaving a lot of damage and destruction. Yesterday all the news channels were warning people to stay safe, not venture outside as there ... Read more >>
February 18, 2022 * 2 posts * 39 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyPaul Barrington said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Paul Barrington Discharge Book Number - Department catering Your Rank/Rating steward Which Ships were you on and When Orion 1958 Orsova ... Read more >>
February 16, 2022 * 1 post * 394 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Endorsements to your certificate of competencyFebruary 12, 2022 * 13 posts * 278 views Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton ... Read more >>

More...