Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
February 12, 2022 * 13 posts * 278 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
To sail on an oil tanker you need an endorsement to your C.O.C stating you are qualified to do so. The endorsement will be in either supervisor or management level for those holding ... Read more >>
February 13, 2022 * 11 posts * 185 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
As per Guinness book of Records ... 1998.. The fastest Pacific Crossing was the from Yokohama to Long Beach Cal. Of 4840 nautical miles took 6 days 1 hr. And 27 min.in July 1973. ... Read more >>
February 12, 2022 * 14 posts * 263 views
Swinging the LampAustin Carl Largan said:
When I was a ships writer one of my tasks was to fill out the charge sheet for those who were going to be "logged" and also to accompany said offender up to the chartroom to see ... Read more >>
February 13, 2022 * 6 posts * 83 views
Crew - Listed Alphabeticallyrobert keith david said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name robert keith david Discharge Book Number - Department engine room Your Rank/Rating jun eng Which Ships were you on and When mv aldersgate ... Read more >>
February 09, 2022 * 5 posts * 104 views
Ask the ForumNeilclayton said:
Dear All, I am trying to find any information regarding my late father in law Terence (Terry) Whiffen and his service in the Merchant Navy. Terry was from Eltham, London and joined ... Read more >>
February 09, 2022 * 4 posts * 201 views
News SnippetsJohn Arton said:
A container vessel docked in Southampton is blocking the light of some local residents houses. Of further interest is the number of containers to be discharged as against those ... Read more >>
February 09, 2022 * 1 post * 357 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web | | Highlighted posts | | Can anyone tell me how to find my Dads ship February 05, 2022 * 31 posts * 690 views Requests for Help Derek Brownfield ... Read more >>
February 10, 2022 * 24 posts * 2,125 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsGraham Shaw said:
It was of it's time I suppose,and that's all I will say....like boarding schools,and Deepcut Army training barracks,.....and Borstals.They are less in evidence today. But no,let ... Read more >>
February 12, 2022 * 69 posts * 5,637 views
Swinging the LampAustin Carl Largan said:
When I worked in the Antarctic I saw many thousands of those beautiful creatures, and also not forgetting all the other many different types of gliding birds, including the antarctic ... Read more >>

More...