Click here to view on the web
|
|
Highlighted posts
|
|
February 05, 2022 * 31 posts * 690 views
Derek Brownfield said:
Trying to find the ship my dad was on as a steward on a blue star line vessel between 1927 to 1939. I have a picture of him in his uniform on board a ship but no identifying marks as to the ships name. Can anyone advise as to how I go ... Read more >>
January 18, 2020 * 39 posts * 5,612 views
Robert George Young said:
Just wondered where their voyages would have taken them to...dad took this photo...wonder where it could have been...probably around 1955 ... Read more >>
February 04, 2022 * 13 posts * 291 views
Stephen Harding said:
Hi, I am researching my Grandad and know he was on the ship HMLST3011 in 1944 celebrating his 18th birthday, we have a picture of him on his birthday with shipmates, his name was John Caddick but some differences with his DOB 26th May 1924 ... Read more >>
July 12, 2018 * 5 posts * 2,558 views
Doc Vernon said:
Miss Billie Ellis was a First Lieutenant in the US Army Medical Corps during the peak years of the Second World War, in 1943. Recently, aboard the Cunard liner Queen Victoria, she recalled a voyage in another Cunarder --- long-ago and ... Read more >>
February 05, 2022 * 7 posts * 176 views
John Arton said:
An aged and reportedly poorly maintained floating production and storage offshore vessel has exploded and broken in half off the coast of Nigeria, reports say that all of its 10 ... Read more >>
February 02, 2022 * 41 posts * 1,084 views
John Arton said:
I did all my fire fighting courses at south Shields at the college's dedicated fire training center in Wapping street. The basic course lasted 3 days, two days of theory and demonstration ... Read more >>
February 05, 2022 * 1 post * 104 views
Harry Nicholson said:
After the war is over . . . A Jamaican at sea after WW!: [link] Read more >>
February 07, 2022 * 2 posts * 76 views
Keith Tindell said:
The story here brings back memories to me , and i suspect many who have owned boats and yachts, [link] Whilst i don't know the full story, my bet would be, returning from a night ... Read more >>
February 07, 2022 * 1 post * 64 views
Kim Bicknell said:
I assume that many of you know this one and it may have been posted here before. If it hasn't been posted in the past, and for the benefit of those unfamiliar with it........... ... Read more >>
February 03, 2022 * 1 post * 82 views
Michael Black said:
Just reading reports of an explosion on an oil tanker off the coast of Nigeria. The Trinity Spirit has a crew of 10 on board, not sure if she is a shuttle tanker. Happened in the ... Read more >>

More...