Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
January 31, 2022 * 1 post * 25 views
Forgotten TragediesCaptain Kong said:
Princess Victoria Disaster, 69 Years ago today 31 January 1953, we were sailing from Heysham to Belfast on the AMITY, when we got a Mayday from the Princess Victoria and the Radio Stations. It was a Hurricane and massive seas , wind 120 ... Read more >>
January 27, 2022 * 7 posts * 88 views
Recommended BooksJohn Richardson said:
This book is about the twenty-nine years I spent in the Merchant Navy, starting in 1964 as an engineer cadet with Esso Tankers and retiring as Chief Engineer on cross channel Seacats in 1993. There are many other maritime biographies to be ... Read more >>
January 13, 2022 * 4 posts * 75 views
Personal Tales and StoriesHarry Nicholson said:
Baptism stories! There's been time to get over my own baptism. A snip from my memoir ‘The Best of Days’. My dad has seen me off from West Hartlepool railway station. His words of advice still whisper 66 years later: ‘Don’t play cards ... Read more >>
December 05, 2020 * 111 posts * 44,212 views
General Member Discussionhappy daze john in oz said:
Her in Oz Mr Minute. In most shopping centers where you can get a key cut, shoes soled and heeled, watch band fitted and there is always a sign which says watch batteries here. I have stood there for up to an hour and nothing happens. ... Read more >>
June 10, 2011 * 96 posts * 38,271 views
Union CastleKeith Tindell said:
Hi Union Castle guys, I recently visited Capetown, after some 55 years or so, obviously changed considerably, is a lovely city now, thank god the old discrimination is gone. 55 years ago on the Castle boats, and running out of money, as ... Read more >>
February 22, 2012 * 22 posts * 18,519 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsMike Williamson said:
A few weeks ago one of my offspring said to me, “is there anything you haven’t done?” I’m not sure if this was meant as an admiring observation, or whether it was the words of someone who was sick of hearing my rambling anecdotes about my ... Read more >>
January 28, 2022 * 22 posts * 600 views
Poetry & BalladsKim Bicknell said:
The following verse is reproduced (verbatim) from the original document, which I have in my possession and is my most treasured family heirloom. It was recovered from the water ... Read more >>
January 29, 2022 * 17 posts * 420 views
Ask the ForumRob Will said:
Good Day: My greatx2 grandfather, John Will, was a mate on the "Rose", a barque out of Sunderland, England. The Rose was returning from Alexandria, Egypt, on Oct 22, 1854, when ... Read more >>
January 27, 2022 * 33 posts * 953 views
Ask the Forumj.sabourn said:
#26 with the extreme risk of telling most on site , the same as telling their grandmas how to suck eggs , but knowing there will be visitors on site who may not know what am talking ... Read more >>
January 27, 2022 * 4 posts * 159 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
A ship's captain faces being fined over containers lost overboard, bit harsh when all securing is done by shore gangs. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>

More...