Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
February 20, 2012 * 14 posts * 3,547 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Nearly all the great British shipping companies at one time or another had very imposing headquarters in their respective cities, but that was only for the Office wallahs, us poor seamen were usually taken to less imposing parts of either ... Read more >>
December 16, 2021 * 36 posts * 6,698 views
ArticlesAlan Briggs said:
Anyone who's done the Kiwi Coast in the sixties and seventies would certainly have some stories to tell. ... Read more >>
October 11, 2021 * 23 posts * 1,511 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn F Collier said:
The recent Ships Funnels thread brought back these memories: After leaving TS Vindicatrix 7th July 1955 aged sixteen, I was summoned to the Shipping Federation office at Londons royal group of docks, I travelled by bus and tube to Plaistow ... Read more >>
December 30, 2021 * 5 posts * 534 views
Shell TankersJamie Shedden said:
Northern Star Purser's Bellboy, Wieslaw Kowalczyk, 1972 on mainline voyage to Australia and New Zealand, South Pacific cruising, then start of Mediterranean Cruises from UK in summer of 1972 . His nickname Shuey, worked for the Pursers ... Read more >>
January 11, 2022 * 12 posts * 274 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
The daily papers have printed the story of the success of the new trade route, direct by ship, bringing in goods from Morocco, journey time by sea is 3 days for fresh produce, ... Read more >>
January 12, 2022 * 5 posts * 228 views
Merchant Navy General Postingscappy said:
some62 years ago and twice after that i sailed from shields with a set of brothers they were a hard family and best watched out for ....i was young and new them from stories from ... Read more >>
January 10, 2022 * 2 posts * 106 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
A letter was sent to Sheerness Council in 1962 from the Office of the Commander of US Naval Forces in Europe, signed by Lieutenant JS Cohune in which he states " Th SS Richard ... Read more >>
January 12, 2022 * 1 post * 296 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| My First Cargo Ship " MV. Jedmoor."November 28, 2019 * 15 posts * 3,789 views Nautical TalesDoc Vernon said: Voyage of the URMSTON ... Read more >>
January 11, 2022 * 21 posts * 1,058 views
Royal Navyj.sabourn said:
#8. When I mention the DSV Seaforth Clansman , she was to replace the second oldest commissioned ship in the RN .. HMS Reclaim which normally during my time lay at anchor unmanned ... Read more >>
January 11, 2022 * 25 posts * 1,202 views
General Member Discussionhappy daze john in oz said:
Problem Des, every Wednesday bot Woolies and Coles begin the specials. So the coffee may well have been on special the first day, not the next. But last week Woollies had a cat ... Read more >>

More...