Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
November 28, 2019 * 15 posts * 3,789 views
Nautical TalesDoc Vernon said:
Posted for Spencer with Thanks My First Cargo Ship “ MV. Jedmoor.” After completing my first trip Deep Sea on the British Industry. I arrived home to my parent’s new house in Cheshire. Dad had retired from the Army and had found a job with ... Read more >>
January 23, 2020 * 8 posts * 2,119 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsCaptain Kong said:
A VOYAGE ON THE SS URMSTON GRANGE, 1958. On the 1st of March 1958, I joined the Urmston Grange, one of Houlders, in Liverpool. She was one of the `Park Boats`, similar to a Fort but with a raised focsle head. We were amazed to see all the ... Read more >>
May 12, 2015 * 59 posts * 51,433 views
Athel TankersDavid Lingard said:
Hello, I'm new here and have just found this forum so I'm hoping someone,perhaps with a long memory (!) might be able to help. I'm researching the life of my grandfather, Henry Moore, who sailed with the Athel Line moving molasses from ... Read more >>
September 30, 2020 * 10 posts * 2,741 views
Nautical TalesDoc Vernon said:
Aboard MV Shota Rustaveli Took the Boat Train from Waterloo Station, on the south bank of the Thames in London at 11:15am andarrived alongside the Southampton dock at 12:30pm, right at the berth where the sleek 20,000GRT Russian ... Read more >>
August 14, 2016 * 10 posts * 3,490 views
ArticlesDoc Vernon said:
R 693816 THE TYRONE TALES AROUND THE WORLD It was Monday 11 August 1958,I was at home in Maidstone with my parents and sister, on a nice sunny day, when the postman arrived with a letter for me ... Read more >>
January 09, 2022 * 8 posts * 143 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Nice video of a trip from Runcorn to eastham on a coaster, bet it looks a bit different to how many of you will remember it. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
January 06, 2022 * 7 posts * 151 views
Nautical TalesWilliam Mair said:
Hi, reading some of the first trips on here brought back some great memories which I thought I would share. I served my apprenticeship at Ravenscraig steelworks in Motherwell from ... Read more >>
January 04, 2022 * 6 posts * 187 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLouis the fly said:
This ship is often mentioned on site. Brian Kong says it is one of the worst ships he ever sailed on. When I joined her a fluke of nature must have occurred, every character and ... Read more >>
January 10, 2022 * 4 posts * 80 views
Ask the ForumTerry Somerville said:
Can anyone let me know where I can obtain build plans for the Araleun. I sailed on her in the mid 1960s and would be interested in building a replica of her. I finished building ... Read more >>
January 05, 2022 * 1 post * 249 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Alex SmithJanuary 01, 2022 * 9 posts * 171 views Crew - Listed Alphabeticallyalex smith said: Place names as used by those who ... Read more >>

More...