Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
February 11, 2012 * 22 posts * 30,354 views
Federal Steam Navigation Co.Brian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
Be real chuffed to hear from anyone who was on Hertford in 1965/66. Brian Probetts - Second Steward. ... Read more >>
December 15, 2021 * 15 posts * 317 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsroger leck said:
Greetings, Just looking at my discharge book. In description of voyage it has "FGN" for foreign going, but also ha "RA" and for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands ... Read more >>
December 14, 2021 * 19 posts * 475 views
General Member Discussioncappy said:
Now i hesitate to make the following statement ......but is it only me who feels a sense of calm has descended on this august site ....re constant bickering... argumentative comments ... Read more >>
December 14, 2021 * 13 posts * 391 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting Thingsj.sabourn said:
There was a post wavering on the edge of this subject . Maybe this would be better off in the memories section. Anyhow we all have our memories and know our paths in life may have ... Read more >>
December 17, 2021 * 6 posts * 193 views
General Member Discussionjohn gill said:
This time of year some households will bedeck their houses with festive arrays of lights to celebrate Christmas. My own house displays a modest contribution to the season, unlike ... Read more >>
December 19, 2021 * 3 posts * 117 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLouis the fly said:
At this time of year I often think of the past and where I was at Christmas. Suez; We arrived at the canal early hours of December 24. The Skipper told us we would be entering ... Read more >>
December 14, 2021 * 6 posts * 235 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Mike Does not say how old or size the vessel was but irrespective of age, the charts they would most likely be using would be electronic rather than paper. The electronic charts ... Read more >>
December 14, 2021 * 11 posts * 307 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsGraham Shaw said:
i don't think that is the case.Surely the hulls should be closed and residual liquid pumped out after discharge of the sand,slurry etc? [image] Now,my take on this design may be ... Read more >>
December 19, 2021 * 23 posts * 508 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
To get your steering ticket you had to do 10 hours on the wheel in open waters and 4 hours on the wheel under pilotage if I remember correctly. When under pilotage, whenever it ... Read more >>
December 16, 2021 * 2 posts * 98 views
Ask the ForumDoc Vernon said:
Does anyone on here know (Recall) a Ship belonging to the Federal Steam Navigation Company, and later transferred to P&O ( Year not known) that Broke a Main mast , in 1963 ?? Just ... Read more >>

More...