Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 22, 2012 * 12 posts * 3,083 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
Gulliver have again titled this gulliver to attract your attention. I have told certain ex shipmates etc. that I would clarify 4 incidents that I think I have mentioned in earlier posts, at least 2 of them I have. On the off chance that you ... Read more >>
April 27, 2021 * 7 posts * 1,464 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
Our old shipmate Gulliver (Davey) contacted me and lamented that due to an unfortunate misunderstanding,many of his Articles were 'lost' when he left,sadly most were not saved by him on his PC so can not be reproduced. However,here is a new ... Read more >>
September 08, 2013 * 6 posts * 3,037 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
Whilst reading the tribute of the MV Derbyshire today , posted by Gulliver, and saw in the ranks the above , having sailed in a bygone era i am wondering what these ranks are?, and what duties they had to perform?. I am sure those of you ... Read more >>
November 13, 2014 * 17 posts * 6,425 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsHazel Stringer said:
I have a copy of my late father in laws CRS10 and the last entry reads: EMPIRE BAIRN 21.12.44 Sealot 21494/227 Naples ** 3|45 11.6.45 sick for repatriation Sealot ... Read more >>
January 07, 2021 * 53 posts * 5,237 views
ArticlesPeter Copley said:
Although I’m fairly new to this site, I can’t help noticing the many references to women of the world’s seaports. They may be innocent church-going local girls, however, I get the impression from some comments, like leaping out of windows ... Read more >>
December 12, 2021 * 13 posts * 285 views
Ask the ForumJak Collis said:
Hi all, first time poster so apologies for any mistakes. I'm currently in the middle of some research into the discharge books of the Merchant Navy, I've found mentions of the ... Read more >>
December 09, 2021 * 13 posts * 296 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Maersk have unvieled there new design for container ships they have on order. Apart from being bloody ugly I love the bit where it says they have new designs for navigation lights ... Read more >>
December 08, 2021 * 26 posts * 592 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
Channel 5 is broadcasting its investigations into what happened. The first episode was last night second tonight, well worth a viewing. The Chief of Police was reporting his side ... Read more >>
December 06, 2021 * 30 posts * 538 views
Poetry & Balladsj.sabourn said:
#7 Keith re your name , although spelt slightly different , means bosuns mate in the land of the Indian subcontinent. The next step up would be Serang. Would imagine you have been ... Read more >>
December 11, 2021 * 6 posts * 145 views
Shell TankersDanny Burke said:
Hello, I hope it's OK to ask for help with this as my Father in Law used to serve on Shell Tankers in the Merchant Navy and I would like to buy him something related to this for ... Read more >>

More...