Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
September 23, 2015 * 1 post * 13 views
Historical ArticlesBrian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
​ The Italian Line promoted the mid-Atlantic liner run between New York & the Mediterranean as the "Sunny Southern Route". The express service ran from Manhattan to Gibraltar, Naples, Genoa, Villefranche and then back to Gibraltar and ... Read more >>
April 02, 2018 * 14 posts * 10,158 views
Nautical TalesBrian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
Hi, my dad, Noel Murray, was a merchant navy electrician from 1958 to 1982. He died in 2014 but wrote his life story which I’ve now published as a blog. It could be of interest to anyone with an interest in life at sea in that period ... Read more >>
November 05, 2021 * 4 posts * 135 views
Forgotten TragediesCaptain Kong said:
TONIGHT , THE 5/6 OF NOVEMBER, IS THE 42nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE SINKING OF THE POOL FISHER WITH THE LOSS OF 13 LIVES. . November 1979 the POOL FISHER, owned by James Fisher & sons of Barrow, was overwhelmed by heavy seas off the Isle of ... Read more >>
May 21, 2012 * 73 posts * 34,948 views
General ArticlesBrian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
Ten Pound Poms by Mike Williamson - View Profile - View Forum Posts - Private Message - View Blog Entries ... Read more >>
November 21, 2021 * 17 posts * 248 views
General Member DiscussionMike Hall said:
As my circumstances have changed this year with me being on my own,(My wife in a Care home).I found it easy to buy the Christmas Cards but I found it difficult with the cost of ... Read more >>
November 19, 2021 * 20 posts * 359 views
Contacted an Old FriendPaul Redmayne said:
I hope this is appropriate but I am looking for my Birth Father Robert Moffatt, who served on the Merchant Ship Hinakura between England and New Zealand 1967 - 1969 and was the ... Read more >>
November 18, 2021 * 12 posts * 221 views
Bank LineDoug Christie said:
Hi, I've just realised it's 60 years ago this month I signed on the Rosebank as 2nd lecky quite a nerve racking experience for a young man in those days but one I'm glad I did, ... Read more >>
November 17, 2021 * 14 posts * 273 views
Ask the ForumPaul Manos said:
I'm hoping to find out if there are searchable British records of the individual seamen whose lives were lost at sea by enemy action during WW2. I'm trying to find out the date ... Read more >>
November 18, 2021 * 9 posts * 116 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsD Austin said:
Hallo Sailors, During a recent visit to a public school for the IWM a large model sailing ship was on the display. The school's archivist has no information on it and was asking ... Read more >>
November 17, 2021 * 8 posts * 181 views
ArmyJ Gowers said:
Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can help with this request. A distant relative of mine in Australia has had a family bereavement came across this badge when going though paper work. ... Read more >>

More...