Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
November 12, 2021 * 16 posts * 286 views
Ask the ForumPatricia Meiring said:
I would be grateful if members can assist me with the following question : During WWII my father served as an engineer in the merchant navy. Many of his voyages in the Atlantic ... Read more >>
November 11, 2021 * 12 posts * 278 views
I would be grateful if members can assist me with the following question - Was the ship Melrose Abbey - OFFICIAL NUMBER 162109 armed ? My father was a survivor when she was torpedoed ... Read more >>
November 10, 2021 * 18 posts * 415 views
I would be grateful if members can assist me with the following questions related to my father's C.R.S. 10 form. Is C 46 the same as C.R.S. 46 which is - return to unit of a released ... Read more >>
November 11, 2021 * 10 posts * 265 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
REMEMBRANCE Today we pause in memory. To remember those who served at sea. They manned the ships from shore to shore, Delivered goods in time of war. They crossed the oceans day ... Read more >>
November 08, 2021 * 8 posts * 229 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsChris Gundry said:
I happened to catch the last part of the programe Coast on the BBC last week they were in the severn estuary and were talking about the time when the severn railway bridge was ... Read more >>
November 09, 2021 * 7 posts * 214 views
Royal Navyj.sabourn said:
I attended a talk today at my present Probus club giving by one of its members ,and the theme was on submarines. It was not political but from an ex middle to top Ex senior officer ... Read more >>
November 13, 2021 * 3 posts * 76 views
I would be grateful if members could asssit me with the following question - An item - Dis.A number is listed on my fathers C.R.S. form - what does the "A' stand for and when was ... Read more >>
November 08, 2021 * 6 posts * 179 views
Ask the ForumMelanie Astin said:
Posting on behalf of Melanie Hello, I am trying to find out about my father's time in the Merchant Navy. His name is John Christopher Head, born 11/12/46, he joined at 16 (1963). ... Read more >>
November 14, 2021 * 4 posts * 87 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyDoug Christie said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Douglas Christie Discharge Book Number R734706 Department Engine Room Your Rank/Rating 2nd/1st Electrician Which Ships were you on and When ... Read more >>
November 13, 2021 * 6 posts * 139 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsCath Richardson said:
Hello. I have a relative who was a captain in the merchant services (navy?) around 1840's. I only have his birth date (1812) and rough death date. I know he was born in Woolwich ... Read more >>

More...