Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
November 03, 2021 * 15 posts * 274 views
Ask the ForumEdward McCall said:
My Grandfather's CofD has been passed down to me, however, it does not cover the full period of time of his service in the Merchant Navy as it lists the 1st ship he was on as the ... Read more >>
November 05, 2021 * 5 posts * 145 views
Swinging the LampMike Hall said:
[image] This picture has been posted in the Gallery,where an answer is required. The person concerned is looking to the answer of the type of Jacket this person is wearing. For ... Read more >>
November 06, 2021 * 6 posts * 148 views
Ask the ForumHazel Stringer said:
Hi folks, Massive breakthroughs recently havfe posed all sorts of new questions! Having proved Dad was born Dominic Cunningham Casey via several DNA matches, it transires that ... Read more >>
November 02, 2021 * 9 posts * 182 views
General Member Discussionhappy daze john in oz said:
Over time shipping has transformed from the ships we knew to the container ones of today. Tankers are no different. But there was a time when they were built in a very different ... Read more >>
November 07, 2021 * 2 posts * 90 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
A short film on the BBC site today, which some who sailed that area might find interesting [link] Read more >>
November 02, 2021 * 2 posts * 125 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
ARMISTICE DAY The day has come, it has arrived, In humble silence those who died, Come down the gangway, quite the sight, Those merchantmen lost in the fight. One day each year ... Read more >>
November 03, 2021 * 1 post * 116 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDoc Vernon said:
This Picture was on Facebook by a Tony Mac, who of course supports the Merchant Navy like many , i thought it a nice addition to our site, why not start your own campaign in your ... Read more >>
November 03, 2021 * 1 post * 259 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Life jackets.October 29, 2021 * 32 posts * 679 views Merchant Navy General PostingsDennis McGuckin said: MN SongOctober 26, 2021 ... Read more >>
November 02, 2021 * 41 posts * 1,675 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsJohn Pruden said:
back in the 60s records not like today took months to get to other countries in japan the latest beetles songs were just coming out but we knew all the words and if you could carry ... Read more >>
November 05, 2021 * 8 posts * 2,054 views
Federal Steam Navigation Co.j.sabourn said:
#2 Bit by bit after you left the sea the rules of engagement slowly changed , it was more frequent later to see a Running Agreement in force , this cut back the 2 years to 6 months ... Read more >>

More...