Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
October 29, 2021 * 32 posts * 679 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDennis McGuckin said:
I have just finished the story of 'The sinking of the Lusitania'.I was surprised to learn that a lot of passengers*drowned, due to putting their life jackets on upside down. Apparently, ... Read more >>
October 26, 2021 * 12 posts * 334 views
Ask the ForumDennis McGuckin said:
I have been asked to lay an MN wreath on November 11. The service will be held indoors. The Legion ask if the MN have an official song.? I knw quite a few, but none suitable for ... Read more >>
October 30, 2021 * 4 posts * 133 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDeepSea said:
Just received this through the post today courtesy of the Merchant Navy Welfare Board. [image] Read more >>
October 26, 2021 * 10 posts * 251 views
News SnippetsTrevor Bodiam said:
Found this story on BBC news today. Spotted a glaring mistake and wondered how these mistakes get past editing? An oil tanker became wedged on a shingles bank off the Isle of Wight ... Read more >>
October 28, 2021 * 4 posts * 133 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
THE HERO My father was a hero, Well, perhaps to only me. He left his home and loved ones dear, He stood for liberty. He sailed aboard a merchant ship, In the hostile times of war. ... Read more >>
October 27, 2021 * 4 posts * 451 views
Ask the ForumPhil Melia said:
I'm trying to find any info of Maurice Samuel Hall, born 29/4/1925, engineer ,Merchant Navy,many thanks Read more >>
October 26, 2021 * 5 posts * 169 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsSylvia Grinham said:
Hello Just wondering if anyone here remembers Stan Grinham from the Vindicatrix in 1961/1962. I have a photo of the squad from then that says Stan is in the photo and he said he ... Read more >>
October 27, 2021 * 2 posts * 65 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
It was always rumoured that she was carrying south African gold bound for the u.k. when she was attacked by a German bomber. All passengers and most of the crew got off safely ... Read more >>
October 28, 2021 * 1 post * 78 views
Royal NavyBill Cameron said:
In ocean wastes no poppies blow, No crosses stand in ordered row, There young hearts sleep...beneath the wave... The spirited, the good, the brave, But stars a constant vigil keep, ... Read more >>
October 28, 2021 * 1 post * 42 views
Crew - Listed Alphabeticallyseth churchill said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Seth Churchill Discharge Book Number - Department Deck Your Rank/Rating Cadet Which Ships were you on and When Otaio Sussex Notes: - Read more >>

More...