Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
September 08, 2021 * 145 posts * 4,268 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
So who agrees with the English Channel RNLI Ferry service. These economic refugees are putting their own lives at risk and they know that. They should be returned back to France and the RNLI Ferry service should either remain in port or ... Read more >>
August 06, 2021 * 90 posts * 6,362 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
During my total at sea , even in Blue Funnel I never saw any engineer dressed like this in the engine room. ... Read more >>
September 02, 2020 * 1 post * 495 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsCaptain Kong said:
iI have posted this story before but I thought it may still be of interest of a real ship and its adventures, We doi not have ships like this anymore. She was a war heroine several times Brian PART ONE OF GEORGIC. her history CUNARD ... Read more >>
June 21, 2016 * 10 posts * 100 views
Appeals - Can you help...Welterweight said:
Posting on behalf of Welterweight New be here. Trying to find out if my uncle william Murphy was a crew member on the Australind when sunk 14th Aug 1941.I know he was a POW but hoping to confirm the Australind. Thank you ... Read more >>
December 05, 2020 * 111 posts * 33,211 views
General Member Discussionhappy daze john in oz said:
Her in Oz Mr Minute. In most shopping centers where you can get a key cut, shoes soled and heeled, watch band fitted and there is always a sign which says watch batteries here. I have stood there for up to an hour and nothing happens. ... Read more >>
October 06, 2021 * 6 posts * 167 views
Ask the ForumJohn dimond said:
I AM TRYING TO FIND DETAILS OF MY FATHER WHO SAID HE HAD BEEN SUNK IN MURMANSK IN THE 2ND WORLD WAR HE WAS Samuel DIMOND FROM CARDIFF i believe he went to sea at thirteen years ... Read more >>
October 09, 2021 * 1 post * 52 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
......well,not exactly Bangor ,as in that song by Fiddler's Dram ,but just across the Menai Strait to Beaumaris, which is on Anglesey of course. Dateline : August 17th,1831,now ... Read more >>
October 05, 2021 * 40 posts * 780 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLewis McColl said:
Hard to believe this happened in 2004 and still they are talking about it. I suspect there may be a blame game going on as there may have been 3 Subs in the area at the time, Our ... Read more >>
October 10, 2021 * 11 posts * 207 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
I found this you tube clip very informative as to the cause of its problems. These ships were after my time at sea, but i was involved in this one from a shoreside operation, several ... Read more >>
October 10, 2021 * 1 post * 39 views
ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
[image] Photo courtesy Auckland Library,NZ INFOLINK 'The 20 month old steamship Ventnor,Capt.H.G.Ferry, left Wellington on October 26th,1902 for Hong Kong with a most unusual cargo,having ... Read more >>

More...