Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
October 04, 2021 * 1 post * 56 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
1/. The Pioneering but Very Short Life of the S.S. MONUMENTAL CITY. (‘Monumental City’ was a nickname given to Baltimore,Maryland,USA,where she was built) She was an American steamship of 1,000 tons,with oscillating direct acting ... Read more >>
September 26, 2021 * 8 posts * 181 views
Trivia and Interesting Stuffj.sabourn said:
Think I recommended this book once before and is entitled British Tramps by I.G.Stewart . The book is dedicated to the masters ,officers,and crews of British Tramps who went down to the sea in Ships , in war and peace ,and never returned ... Read more >>
September 22, 2021 * 22 posts * 882 views
Ask the ForumElizabeth Copp said:
I have all my dad's letters and aerogrammes which he wrote at sea when he was a radio officer in the Merchant Navy from 1941 to 1944, when he was invalided out. He served on the Dorington Court, HMT Rohna, the Ville de Strasbourg and the ... Read more >>
February 18, 2010 * 33 posts * 60,882 views
Australind Steam Shipping Co.Martin Rogan said:
Dave i myself served on the Araluen late 60s . You can find ships picrures on the AIS web site. ... Read more >>
February 27, 2020 * 35 posts * 332 views
The Merchant Navy in WartimeRichard Pugh said:
HI All I am a new member to this site. My main interests are Family History, which brings me here today. I have a Family member I am trying to research. Michael Francis Potter. Born 11th July 1911, Liverpool, Lancashire. Served in the ... Read more >>
July 17, 2021 * 6 posts * 750 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
m.v.ROYAL ULSTERMAN (O.N. 163225 ) a twin screw motor passenger ferry of 3,244 grt,17 knots built as Yard No,963 at Harland & Wolff ,Belfast for Burns & Laird Lines for their Glasgow-Belfast ferry service. War Service ... Read more >>
October 01, 2021 * 27 posts * 467 views
Ask the ForumMike Hall said:
Can anyone name for me the festival that was held in Liverpool,some 10 to 20 years ago. They had a small railway and numerous ships funnels. Thanyou. Mike. Read more >>
September 30, 2021 * 20 posts * 324 views
Ask the ForumGrant Green said:
Hello everyone. I hope all is well. I am someone with no seafaring experience who has been thinking of joining the merchant navy for a while now. I am interested in training to ... Read more >>
October 02, 2021 * 7 posts * 179 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
DITTY BAG I found an ancient ditty bag, In a corner of a drawer. Containing time worn artifacts, Of peacetime and of war. There was a weathered salty cap, It's badge long turning ... Read more >>
October 04, 2021 * 9 posts * 146 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKerrie Alexander said:
Hi Would anyone be able to tell me the name of the ship in the attachment please. I've tried various spellings but nothing shows up on Google. The seaman was discharged from the ... Read more >>

More...