Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
September 22, 2021 * 27 posts * 429 views
My Travelsj.sabourn said:
#13. Have often thought Vernon that I should get off my backside and make some effort to put my own voyages in chronicle order from 1953 to 1991 , after that I can normally remember ... Read more >>
September 25, 2021 * 18 posts * 282 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Read this post, bit dismissive of merchant seamen's navigation, try taking a vlcc into port or backing down for over a mile to reach Gillingham wharf on the tees. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
September 24, 2021 * 13 posts * 270 views
Ask the ForumDennis McGuckin said:
it it just me. The only bar I remember in BA was the Texas Bar. Was that the hang out of most of us? I know that Kong was a regular. I do recall one near the docks that did not ... Read more >>
September 22, 2021 * 20 posts * 334 views
Ask the ForumElizabeth Copp said:
I have all my dad's letters and aerogrammes which he wrote at sea when he was a radio officer in the Merchant Navy from 1941 to 1944, when he was invalided out. He served on the ... Read more >>
September 26, 2021 * 4 posts * 71 views
Royal Air ForceKeith at Tregenna said:
VIA: Australian War Memorial Nancy Wake ('the White Mouse'), a prominent figure in the French Resistance during the Second World War, was born in Wellington, New Zealand, on 30 ... Read more >>
September 25, 2021 * 2 posts * 80 views
Ben LineJanet Aien said:
Hi I'm collecting some info on my father's Ben Line days for my son, is there anyone out there who remembers Louis Aien he was with the Ben line from the 1940s to 1978 Read more >>
September 22, 2021 * 1 post * 319 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| BeachedSeptember 15, 2021 * 79 posts * 1,664 views Ask the ForumRed Lead Ted said: Graham HutchinsonSeptember 15, 2021 * 2 posts ... Read more >>
September 25, 2021 * 4 posts * 377 views
General ArticlesDuncan Clarke said:
Thanks Gordon for this post it was very interesting. It prompted me to search for a bit more about the HMS Untamed, so here's something I've found on the internet [link] Read more >>
September 22, 2021 * 15 posts * 1,172 views
Swinging the LampGlennys Faulds said:
You're all making me a bit tearful. I met my late husband when he was on the Suevic. Not knowing anything about ships I thought she was beautiful. Read more >>
September 22, 2021 * 33 posts * 1,491 views
Ask the ForumMarian Gray said:
#15, George, A proud grandpa indeed and rightly so.:) Trying to obtain information from my dad on his family was like drawing blood from a stone, my mother the opposite :p Having ... Read more >>

More...