Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
September 15, 2021 * 79 posts * 1,664 views
Ask the ForumRed Lead Ted said:
I found this interesting John, The Rena oil spill occurred off the coast of Tauranga, New Zealand in October 2011. The spill was caused by the grounding of MV Rena on the Astrolabe ... Read more >>
September 15, 2021 * 2 posts * 40 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyGraham DW Hutchinson said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Graham Hutchinson Discharge Book Number - Department Engine Room Your Rank/Rating Cadet to Chief Engineer Which Ships were you on and When ... Read more >>
September 16, 2021 * 79 posts * 1,383 views
News SnippetsJohn Arton said:
A new defence alliance has been signed by the three countries covering such items of naval capability, cyber warfare and artificial intelligence. This alliance will allow Australia ... Read more >>
September 15, 2021 * 18 posts * 425 views
My TravelsRodney Mills said:
I signed up and went to Gravesend (Catering) in 1953, 16 years old. The law was I had to stay in until aged 26. I enjoyed my time until I met what I thought was the women of my ... Read more >>
September 14, 2021 * 11 posts * 237 views
Ask the ForumDoc Vernon said:
As i sit here like many others , things of the past flow back in one's mind, and this brings me to Letter Writing at Sea! So how many of you wrote letters to your Family and lovers ... Read more >>
September 17, 2021 * 7 posts * 99 views
News SnippetsDoc Vernon said:
The Worlds largest Cruise Liner has just completed her Sea Trials . For me though rather an ugly looking Ship, and yet another addition the the Floating Hotels of this modern new ... Read more >>
September 15, 2021 * 3 posts * 91 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Just wondered where this would have travelled to? Any stories about these tankers during late 49's, Early 50's? Thank you Bob Read more >>
September 20, 2021 * 8 posts * 94 views
News Snippetshappy daze john in oz said:
Those of you who have been to Melbourne may recall the Seamans Mission there. It is a a heritage listed building which upsets the land developers, but no worries there. The area ... Read more >>
September 15, 2021 * 3 posts * 94 views
Ask the ForumBrian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
Anyone clue me in about a ship, probably a coaster from the turn of the last century, named SS Brodsworth please. Brian. Read more >>
September 16, 2021 * 2 posts * 106 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Two crewmen lost overboard from a vlcc rounding the Horn. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>

More...