Click here to view on the web
|
|
Highlighted posts
|
|
January 23, 2011 * 81 posts * 91,906 views
Barry Simpson said:
Hi fellow ex Bowater seafarers. Time to get on and build the listing of Bowater ships for posterity. I am Barry Simpson and I served in the Engine Room of the following ships: Sarah Bowater Nicolas Bowater Liverpool Packet During the period ... Read more >>
March 25, 2021 * 9 posts * 786 views
Doc Vernon said:
With kind thanks to the Following Person Capt. Rob Cobban Master Mariner And thanks to JS for sending it in for Submission. Sling your hook. Home is the sailor!Where to start? Born Aberdeen, early education in Portsmouth UK, mid 50's ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 43 posts * 1,659 views
Tracey magee said:
Hello all, my parents were both in the merchant navy, mum joined in 1950, she faked her age as she was only 20 at the time, I know she sailed on the Winchester Castle, The Rangitiki and Rangitoto as a laundress. Dad joined shortly after ... Read more >>
August 06, 2021 * 80 posts * 4,559 views
Lewis McColl said:
During my total at sea , even in Blue Funnel I never saw any engineer dressed like this in the engine room. ... Read more >>
September 10, 2021 * 12 posts * 215 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
REMEMBERING THE PILOTS OF THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN From July to October 1940, much of the fighting during World War Two in Western Europe was concentrated in the skies above the channel ... Read more >>
September 06, 2021 * 2 posts * 62 views
Roger Wickens said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Roger Wickens Discharge Book Number R 761871 Department Catering Your Rank/Rating Waiter/Steward Which Ships were you on and When Orontes ... Read more >>
September 10, 2021 * 27 posts * 2,994 views
Steve Singleton said:
Hello Colin, British BS indeed. Initially, I could see a reason for all the uniform stuff. When I was 18 and a newly qualified R/O...served on Blue Funnel... I had had fond memories ... Read more >>
September 08, 2021 * 131 posts * 2,479 views
Lewis McColl said:
So who agrees with the English Channel RNLI Ferry service. These economic refugees are putting their own lives at risk and they know that. They should be returned back to France ... Read more >>
September 07, 2021 * 10 posts * 198 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
National Memorial Arboretum The turf has been cut ahead of the creation of a new memorial to submariners at the National Memorial Arboretum. The ceremony was attended by the Deputy ... Read more >>
September 09, 2021 * 4 posts * 86 views
Mervyn Rowlinson said:
I am writing an article on the North Atlantic container trades - I am looking for a picture of the Manchester Challenge (or sisters). I would be grateful if anyone could supply ... Read more >>

More...