Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 20, 2021 * 5 posts * 61 views
Forgotten TragediesCaptain Kong said:
Bowbelle and Marchionesse disaster THE 32nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE DISASTER ON THE THAMES WHERE 51 PEOPLE DIED. . Here is a post I did last year I joined the BOWBELLE after leaving ESSO, I had taken early retirement, at the age of 52 ... Read more >>
November 14, 2008 * 84 posts * 45,549 views
Clan LineCharles Mintoff said:
Hi, My name is Charlie I served on a number of Clan Line Vessels As a Engineer lets have some comments on this site I have now retired and living on Gozo Near Malta. Charlie:) ... Read more >>
March 30, 2021 * 31 posts * 2,128 views
Merchant Navy General Postingscappy said:
i just wonder is there anyone on this venerable site who would find any joy whatsoever going to sea as a 16 year old boy on any of todays vessels after seeing that bloody monstrosity of a junk heap that has been in the news over the last ... Read more >>
August 01, 2021 * 25 posts * 603 views
Recommended Booksj.sabourn said:
By Richard Woodman who as many know is a prolific writer of maritime stories both fiction and fact. Many will have probably read , I haven"t and doubt I will ever sit down and read from end to end as there are 781 pages of fairly close ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 14 posts * 197 views
Ask the Forumjohn gill said:
I've been attempting to research my Father's ww2 campaign medals. He sailed throughout the Battle of Atlantic mainly from Liverpool and did the Murmansk Run as well. I contacted ... Read more >>
August 16, 2021 * 11 posts * 327 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
As far as I know the bay of Fundy has the largest tidal range of anywhere in the world. Go ashore in saint john new Brunswick and to get ashore you would have to clamber up a near ... Read more >>
August 19, 2021 * 3 posts * 87 views
Ask the ForumTom Brannigan said:
then Lambert Bros then Lyle and co and City Line as an engineer My discharge book no is R619606 Thank ful for any help Yours TOM BRANNIGAN Read more >>
August 20, 2021 * 4 posts * 63 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
CAPTAIN BEN Captain Ben was quite well known, In the ports of Newfoundland. They were headed for the Cabot Strait, Captain Ben was in command. It was a dark and moonless night, ... Read more >>
August 16, 2021 * 4 posts * 130 views
Wives at Sea and at HomeIan Adrian Millar said:
My Great Grandmother went to sea with her husband Captain Samuel Jones Master of the Aberystwyth Brig SOLWAY, It was her first voyage that we know of and she had her baby son with ... Read more >>
August 16, 2021 * 2 posts * 72 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
SISTER NELL Sister Nell the only nurse, To survive the ship CENTAUR. Did her best, to help the rest, Many lost in danger's hour. She was lit up like a Christmas tree, Red crosses ... Read more >>

More...