Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 13, 2021 * 20 posts * 330 views
Cunardjohn middleton said:
The fifties were a very happy time for us. very hard work 2x8 or 2x10, scrubouts , beer carries and worst of all the dreaded afternoon teas unless you were a jacket man i.e. linen ... Read more >>
August 15, 2021 * 12 posts * 185 views
Athel TankersHenry Phillips said:
It was some time during the winter of 1955/56 that the Fort Hamilton was loading paper pulp in Cornerbrook, Newfoundland. We were taking on water at the same time. It was so cold ... Read more >>
August 14, 2021 * 6 posts * 109 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
VICTORIA DRUMMOND MBE She was loaded down with china clay, The BONITA sailed for the USA. It was on an August summer day, Luftwaffe planes came out to play. Victoria Drummond the ... Read more >>
August 10, 2021 * 12 posts * 254 views
Ask the ForumPete Davies said:
Hi, having had a great response to my Ogilvie/John Will query, I thought I'd try asking for help with another of my seafaring ancestors. This time the name is not so unusual, there ... Read more >>
August 14, 2021 * 5 posts * 97 views
Ask the Forumalan dickson said:
Hi I am looking for information on a Herbert Frank Mullins who served in the merchant navy from 1917 on the ships protecting troop and supply convoy ships and then onto the home ... Read more >>
August 11, 2021 * 4 posts * 78 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
NEPTUNE'S SONS How many lads who liked to roam, Found solace away from home. Away from loved ones back ashore, The storms and gales his to ignore. Some very poor, poor as can be, ... Read more >>
August 16, 2021 * 1 post * 46 views
Royal NavyKeith at Tregenna said:
Indian warship in English Channel for war games as navy 'gauges British capabilities' [link] Read more >>
August 11, 2021 * 1 post * 74 views
Newsletter FeedbackNickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Uniforms and engineersAugust 06, 2021 * 57 posts * 943 views Ask the ForumLewis McColl said: Williamson TurnAugust 04, 2021 * ... Read more >>
August 10, 2021 * 2 posts * 155 views
General ArticlesKeith Adams said:
Hello Graham, I take it you follow J. Lauritzen shipping line ? I used to see their ships in Valparaiso, Chile and admired their bright colored hulls and the fact they plied the ... Read more >>
August 13, 2021 * 27 posts * 2,425 views
Ellerman GroupScott McEwan said:
Those quarter ramp RoRo ships were operated on the WCUSA / ECAust run by a Swedish, English & Australian consortium, Pacific Australia Direct Line in the early 1970's. Some more ... Read more >>

More...