Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 06, 2021 * 57 posts * 943 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
During my total at sea , even in Blue Funnel I never saw any engineer dressed like this in the engine room. [image] Read more >>
August 04, 2021 * 14 posts * 393 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsPhil Hughes said:
Can any of you deckies remember performing a "Williamson Turn" during boat drills at sea? I spent 6 years deep-sea with the remainder of my time on the ferries and in my time deep-sea ... Read more >>
August 06, 2021 * 7 posts * 115 views
Ask the ForumJohn Nicolson said:
Hello, I am a new boy (not really as I am very mature!) My father was torpedoed when on the Empire Redshank on 22nd Feb 1943 and rescued by a Canadian corvette HMCS Trillium and ... Read more >>
August 02, 2021 * 23 posts * 692 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsFay Hurley said:
I finally have my grandfathers CRS10 and I'm trying to make sense of the entries in it but it's all very faded. The word sealot appears several times and I can't work out what ... Read more >>
August 07, 2021 * 3 posts * 72 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
CNBC have reported that container rates have risen by almost 500% to $20,000 for a 40 foot container transported from China to the USA. Vic Read more >>
August 07, 2021 * 2 posts * 61 views
Sea Training SchoolsDes Taff Jenkins said:
An extract from the Vindi News Mag. Some Medical Terms We Might Know. Bacteria---back door to cafeteria. Out Patient ---A patient who has fainted. Pelvis---Cousin of Elvis. Terminal ... Read more >>
August 04, 2021 * 1 post * 94 views
Newsletter FeedbackNickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| The Real Cruel SeaAugust 01, 2021 * 21 posts * 178 views Recommended Booksj.sabourn said: Sea chest and painting information ... Read more >>
August 04, 2021 * 1 post * 57 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
After the Norwegian Government blocked the sale of RR Bergen engines to the Russians on security grounds, RR has chosen a UK approved Government contractor. RR are in advanced ... Read more >>
August 02, 2021 * 48 posts * 2,531 views
Ask the ForumBill Morrison said:
#45 Graham, something familiar with that photo. It looks like Aberdeen in the 1980's - 90's. A lot of Russian activity around then with the factory ships and grain. A local second ... Read more >>
August 03, 2021 * 194 posts * 10,091 views
News SnippetsKeith at Tregenna said:
Apparently, The huge container ship that blocked the Suez Canal is preparing to dock in the UK for the first time since causing disruption to global shipping. Under original plans ... Read more >>

More...