Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 01, 2021 * 21 posts * 178 views
Recommended Booksj.sabourn said:
By Richard Woodman who as many know is a prolific writer of maritime stories both fiction and fact. Many will have probably read , I haven"t and doubt I will ever sit down and read from end to end as there are 781 pages of fairly close ... Read more >>
July 21, 2021 * 58 posts * 1,976 views
Ask the ForumNeil Fairman said:
The sea chest above belonged to a merchant seaman, my great, great, grandfather, Edward Coleman. His ship was the Airlie vessel 72545 – built 1875 – Iron sailing vessel 3 masted ship – Built by Alexander Stephen & Sons Ltd. Govan. Involved ... Read more >>
July 29, 2021 * 19 posts * 373 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
Although not a navigator at sea, have always been interested in the art, and took my RYA Yachtmasters when i had a sail boat. This article was on the BBC site yesterday, and sets ... Read more >>
July 28, 2021 * 21 posts * 458 views
Royal Navyj.sabourn said:
July 31 st. We celebrate one of the longest and unbroken traditions in Seafaring History , known as Black tot day. Prior to 1655 sailors were given daily rations of beer or Brandy ... Read more >>
August 01, 2021 * 6 posts * 162 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Interesting article on how London as a port has evolved. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
July 30, 2021 * 5 posts * 198 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
From the Metro, the vessel is a Zodiac Marine tanker and they have close links to an Israeli billionaire. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
July 28, 2021 * 8 posts * 215 views
Ask the ForumPeter Copley said:
Hi everyone. Does anyone know anything about two ships I met the crew of, in Japan, back around 1967-68, the 'MV Danny Rose' and the 'MV Eastern Moon'? The Danny Rose was fully ... Read more >>
July 30, 2021 * 3 posts * 99 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsMarian Gray said:
#1, Thank you Lewis, enjoyed that. My 9yr old grandson Hamish is working further on his PowerPoint presentation of the Titanic when he returns to school. He'll be thrilled with ... Read more >>
July 30, 2021 * 2 posts * 67 views
Manchester LinersRalph Harper said:
Hi everyone bean away for a while ,but all though not written ought kept up with what's going on. Thanks to Brian managed to get signed on again Well I was very interested in the ... Read more >>
July 29, 2021 * 1 post * 73 views
MusicKeith at Tregenna said:
An occasion to help us get over the pandemic ? Lot's going to occur this season. Not wanting it to be over to quick but, love the Last Night.. ROYAL ALBERT HALL. Last Night of ... Read more >>

More...