Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
November 16, 2020 * 4 posts * 1,714 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsCharles Webb Cooper said:
In April 1943 the Shipping Pool sent me to the Albion Star and I signed on as Assistant Steward. My mate, Bill Elston, also signed on with me. We had been crewmates on a previous vessel and I had spent a week of my leave with him at his ... Read more >>
June 27, 2021 * 30 posts * 362 views
Appeals - Can you help...Claire Holliday said:
Thank you. I have been researching the SS Anglo Saxon wrecking as I came across it during my search for my family history. George Bedford who was Cook on board and died in the attack is great grandfather of a newly discovered cousin (not ... Read more >>
June 23, 2021 * 2 posts * 345 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
On the 4th of September 1983, the 12 year old Dutch built coaster El Guaiqueri , 734 tonnes gross , of Panamanian registry , was on a passage in ballast from Port of Spain,Trinidad to Cristobal,Panama,when she ran aground off the coast ... Read more >>
June 30, 2021 * 1 post * 96 views
Newsletter FeedbackNickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Anglo SaxonJune 27, 2021 * 22 posts * 116 views Appeals - Can you help...Claire Holliday said: Dock Hotel Merseyside!! 1950'sAugust ... Read more >>
July 02, 2021 * 51 posts * 865 views
Ask the Forumj.sabourn said:
The fastest recorded time to tie 6 knots ( square knot, sheet bend, sheep shank, clove hitch, round turn and two half hitches, and bowline ) was 8.1 seconds in 1977 by Clinton ... Read more >>
July 02, 2021 * 16 posts * 294 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
If you were in a pub chatting up a girl and she asks you what you do for a living? Would you tell her you went away to sea? If she asked you what was the name of your ship? would ... Read more >>
July 04, 2021 * 9 posts * 167 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Dad was on this ship for over two years in mid sixties. Would that be normal or not so? Thank you Bob Read more >>
June 29, 2021 * 7 posts * 190 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
Just found this on FB , why could we not have done something like this with one or two of our classic cargo Passenger liners. MS Cap San Diego - Maritime Museum, Hotel and Tourist ... Read more >>
July 04, 2021 * 6 posts * 100 views
General Member DiscussionGraham Shaw said:
Sorry.Twitter not allowing distribution of the intended video clip. It showed the Ramsgate lifeboat returning to port with a lot of cross-Channel immigrants aboard after rescue ... Read more >>
July 02, 2021 * 3 posts * 84 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLewis McColl said:
I know there are a few on site who sailed with Bibby Line . Just heard today that Captain Chris Thomas crossed the bar last Sunday. I sailed with Chris a few times on the LPG Carrier ... Read more >>

More...