Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 27, 2021 * 22 posts * 116 views
Appeals - Can you help...Claire Holliday said:
Thank you. I have been researching the SS Anglo Saxon wrecking as I came across it during my search for my family history. George Bedford who was Cook on board and died in the attack is great grandfather of a newly discovered cousin (not ... Read more >>
August 02, 2010 * 13 posts * 3,384 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDoc Vernon said:
Hi Can anyone tell me if the old Dock Hotel in Freeman Street Birkinhead is still in operation,as its been so long ago since i last saw or had a Pint there!I went there only once in my time with my late Uncle Dusty,and we had such a ... Read more >>
July 28, 2012 * 27 posts * 17,756 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
Ref. The first MMO. Do these still exist today? I know there is a certain amount of paperwork and records etc. etc. to keep and follow up on, but due to the lack of shipping as such nowadays cant see the object of. In the old days of a ship ... Read more >>
June 24, 2021 * 18 posts * 446 views
General Member DiscussionGraham Shaw said:
[image] Photo courtesy of Malcolm Watts of The FaceBook Manchester Ship Canal Group.He thinks it was an inbound Manchester Liner,which had to spend the night along the bank in ... Read more >>
June 24, 2021 * 1 post * 44 views
Crew - Listed Alphabeticallypaul mcguire said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Kevin Mcguire Discharge Book Number R ****** Department catering Your Rank/Rating chef Which Ships were you on and When blue funnel from ... Read more >>
June 23, 2021 * 1 post * 99 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
On the 4th of September 1983, the 12 year old Dutch built coaster El Guaiqueri , 734 tonnes gross , of Panamanian registry , was on a passage in ballast from Port of Spain,Trinidad ... Read more >>
June 24, 2021 * 5 posts * 439 views
General ArticlesGraham Shaw said:
Just catching up with my reading here,Colin.What a story,and what a ship history! I'd like to fill in a bit more detail,though as you say much has been written elsewhere both in ... Read more >>
June 24, 2021 * 33 posts * 550 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
So did the Russians fire warning shots at HMS Defender, MOD & the news says no. In the Video footage shots can be clearly heard. The captain of HMS Defender has warned the Kremlin ... Read more >>
June 23, 2021 * 25 posts * 787 views
Swinging the LampLewis McColl said:
Anyone ever enter a ballast tank or duct keel and see this (Kilroy was here) The real Kilroy became a legend all over the western world. But the original legend of Kilroy dates ... Read more >>
June 21, 2021 * 27 posts * 750 views
General Member DiscussionRed Lead Ted said:
In this area of Merseyside where we live Sefton, 3 schools have been closed all within a few miles of each other a number of children aged between 8 and 10 years have proved positive ... Read more >>

More...