Click here to view on the web
|
|
Highlighted posts
|
|
May 17, 2021 * 3 posts * 63 views
J Gowers said:
My first ship was the Burmah Zircon and I joined it in dry-dock in Marseille, 29th January. I was talked into going to sea by some of the journeymen (mech fitters) I served my apprenticeship with a lot of them had done time in the Merchant ... Read more >>
May 17, 2021 * 5 posts * 127 views
Louis the fly said:
About 20 years ago my son woke me up and asked if I would drive him to work as he had overslept. I got him to work on time and was returning home on a new by-pass road that had opened the day before. There was not a lot of traffic and I was ... Read more >>
April 28, 2021 * 2 posts * 32 views
Doc Vernon said:
Sent to me by John Strange via J Sabourne Most of us will have read and seen lots to do with the KRAIT however, among the time below is more history of that little ship. Makes a good story better. The Krait took the fight to the ... Read more >>
April 28, 2021 * 7 posts * 438 views
j.sabourn said:
Now thats more like it, will have to learn all these foreign alphabets again to solve the mystery message , gone are the days of the invisible ink. Our Albert by the way had quite a reputation with the ladies , and not to the good having a ... Read more >>
June 04, 2020 * 8 posts * 1,985 views
Dave Francis said:
Hello, this is Dave and I have been on land since 1979, when I met my new wife on the 'Love Boat'? do you remember the TV series, as I was a stateroom Steward on board the proud member of P &O Shipping class ships of Princess Cruises. There ... Read more >>
May 12, 2021 * 1 post * 66 views
NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Fancy a Rock Dodger?...m.v.Cornishbrook 1974August 19, 2009 * 21 posts * 4,069 views My Ships said: LM and COLOMBO.....May 21, ... Read more >>
May 14, 2021 * 47 posts * 777 views
Keith Tindell said:
The latest news is that the cruise ships in Southampton port will now use plug in shore power, kt [link] Read more >>
May 13, 2021 * 22 posts * 342 views
J Gowers said:
I have written a few old stories with photos of my time at sea in the MN with Denholms and BP and in the offshore industry and would like to post them but cannot see how to post ... Read more >>
May 16, 2021 * 6 posts * 174 views
Ivan Cloherty said:
Looks like 'Hygena' belonging to the City of London Port Authority. Read more >>
May 11, 2021 * 5 posts * 128 views
happy daze john in oz said:
Sunday night a tanker in Port Philip bay waiting at anchor to berth. A seaman jumps over the side, makes it to a marker buoy and hangs there for some 20 hours. Rescued by a passing ... Read more >>

More...