Thread: Iran

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Iran

what do they gain from stirring it???jp

- - - Updated - - -

if they land here they get a house we land there we get 10 years as a spy??crazy jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Iran

John in no point in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys. Our politics are so confused they can’t see the wood for the trees.
    A couple coming out of the states at the present are ….As a kid I used to watch the Wizard of Oz and wonder how someone could talk without a brain. Now all I have to do is watch a White House Press Conference.
    Can you imagine being allowed to show such disregard to these so called leaders of these disreputable countries , one’s feet would never touch the ground. I am all for being more choosy of letting people who are not from democratic countries into the likes of one’s own.
    Another joke going the rounds re the present controversy re Biden and Trump, A guy built a wall to keep people out….then another took it down and blamed the first guy because people are coming in. Democracy is still alive as long as the humour is still there, and allowed to thrive . Politics without humour is a death knoll. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th January 2024 at 07:02 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    what do they gain from stirring it???jp

- - - Updated - - -

if they land here they get a house we land there we get 10 years as a spy??crazy jp
    or a bullet

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes John Pruden, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Persia has had both in the past 70 years or so, a Shah or king going back numeruous centuries then superceded by a cleric. Only people in their eighties or nineties who have lived their lives there would be able to tell you the differences ,and that will never be allowed to happen. JS..
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th January 2024 at 11:31 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Well Persia has had both in the past 70 years or so, a Shah or king going back numeruous centuries then superceded by a cleric. Only people in their eighties or nineties who have lived their lives there would be able to tell you the differences ,and that will never be allowed to happen. JS..
    the young people will have access to some information on the net which will give them an idea what life is like outside of their regimes.
    I had several visits there (lasy one in 2012) for business and the young people were pretty switched on to what was happening but very reluctant to even discuss anything which might land them in bother, they would never trust waiters, taxi drivers or anyone in a public place.
    Only time the would bring up certain subjects was when they were in their private cars; I was always careful not to initiate anything which could be considered dodgy by their standards. I still have the occasional contact with one of the people I dealt with back then.

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know I had a hell of a job getting out of the country after the shah was deposed. That was in the 1970s and travelled with the ex British manager of Teheran airport as far as Malaysia where he got off. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is the young women who have the balls. They kicked up such a fuss about the repression on what they can or cannot wear. And were brutally punished.
    The boring old clerics made it compulsory for them to wear the Hajib .Iranian women have to be one of the most beautiful looking women in the world. I remember running to Iran in the late 70'/80's before thay plonker was released by the french and then the tish hit the fan.

10. Thanks Thomas Daley thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, John Arton, Thomas Daley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they're all being prompted and bolstered by Russia, even South Africa are going that way, along with other African nations. China have been having a dabble in Africa over the last few years, so they have a finger in the pie too.
    Are the Eastern fatcats any different to Western fatcats?

12. Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the Indian & Chinese fatcats are. They buy what was left of British steel then threaten to close it down unless the UK Taxpayers pump in £Millions to keep them open. Not so daft eh!!!

Who was it said western greed will be it's down fall?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    I think they're all being prompted and bolstered by Russia, even South Africa are going that way, along with other African nations. China have been having a dabble in Africa over the last few years, so they have a finger in the pie too.
    Are the Eastern fatcats any different to Western fatcats?
    They have been there much longer than that, I read an article in a Chinese newspaper in 2005 where they announced that a Chinese state oil company was opening an office in East Africa, London and in South America. They were looking to secure oil rights for years in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    It is the young women who have the balls. They kicked up such a fuss about the repression on what they can or cannot wear. And were brutally punished.
    The boring old clerics made it compulsory for them to wear the Hajib .Iranian women have to be one of the most beautiful looking women in the world. I remember running to Iran in the late 70'/80's before thay plonker was released by the french and then the tish hit the fan.
    I would second that, I established an Iranian distributor in 2008 ish, the md secretary was like Sophia Loren, but better.

15. Likes James Curry liked this post
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast