Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you leave the forum?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How do you leave the forum?

Apologies people, but I'm not a great "pooter person", and have looked for a simple way of leaving the forum. Not that I haven't enjoyed being on here, but I have come across one or two disturbing issues that I can't work out.
    One being, I comment on an issue, and it's immediately cancelled with no explanation. This has happened on several occasions.
    Maybe someone could give me some guidance on what I'm doing wrong?
    My Grandkids are always telling me I'm too old for this kind of thing, yet others on here seem quite a bit older and have no trouble.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do you leave the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    Apologies people, but I'm not a great "pooter person", and have looked for a simple way of leaving the forum. Not that I haven't enjoyed being on here, but I have come across one or two disturbing issues that I can't work out.
    One being, I comment on an issue, and it's immediately cancelled with no explanation. This has happened on several occasions.
    Maybe someone could give me some guidance on what I'm doing wrong?
    My Grandkids are always telling me I'm too old for this kind of thing, yet others on here seem quite a bit older and have no trouble.
    Probaly just a procedural issue, I tried uploading pics a while back and they just disappeared so gave up. After couple of months I tried again recently and was successful, realised where I was going wrong. You are never too old to learn mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Johnny
    Dpnt know why you would want to leave because of Posts that you mention seem to vanish.
    There could be several reasons Johnny, possibly to do with the Computer you use or the way in which Posts are done ?? I am not sure as to a solution, but all i can say is that i as Moderator have not yet seen any Posts from yourself of late , and certainly not deleted any .

At times Posts have seemed to vanish for no reason, and all i can think of is a glitch in the database at times, but that would be very seldom.

Other Posts that are deleted for reasons which we feel are not for the good of the site of course will at times be deleted, but as said no Posts from yourself as yet have i seen, nor been deleted,

Sorry you have come across this issue and hope that things will right themselves!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th December 2023 at 08:29 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Johnny.
    In the years that I have posted on this site I have probably had maybe two or three posts go missing, I know some times after printing out a post I press the wrong key and I am outside looking in sort of thing but the I realise I have pressed the arrow to leave. and my post has disappeared. There again there may be a fault with your Comp , may pay o get it checked.
    Cheers Des.
    Ps maybe you didn't press submit reply at the bottom, I have done that a few times and the post doesn't go in.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 have had similar Johnny , apart from one definite removal which I left the site over. However I only work from a second hand IPad now which often plays up, and takes me numeruous goes to get it away , so like you it appears someone is fiddling. However this happens also outside the site so I assume if it is man made then it must be someone other with your email address. But like you if ever happens again with the proof to go with it will also be making for higher ground like others before me. Give it time us novices have to learn the hard way the quirks of the computer world , where privacy is apparently hard to come by . They talk about doing banking on the internet as well, they can get stuffed . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th December 2023 at 03:55 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For example the previous post to #5 I sent in regard to the London Jew, disappeared twice on sending once even before had finished writing and it was third time lucky. That it got away , once more and I wouldn’t have bothered. If this is being done by a drone which could be a possibility he has advanced computer skills and the site has been raided at least once that I know about. Some are just plain idiots , others have method in their madness .
    Beware of people who are not what they seem. JS
    After just sending this my I pad did a few flashes as though upset. And was trying to go into the sequence when it goes blank and saying “ cannot find your server” . If yours does the same I too have absolutely no idea how to remedy ,and will just discard altogether. If you lived over here we could maybe go and drink our sorrows away. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th December 2023 at 06:33 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone ever have trouble getting rid of unwanted emails from companies trying to get your business. Some no matter how many times you say no thanks or hit the Unsubscribe link? you get the usual crap , we are sorry to lose you( I never asked you to find me so eff off)
    Next thing is, are you sure you want to unsubscribe Yes , then straight away some will pop up again and say would you like to resubscribe.

Also what do you do John after you tell the bank to get stuffed? You are then leaving yourself stuffed.
    Like it or not internet banking is here to stay. My bank here in the UK has been closing branches all over the country.

Almost half of the UK's bank branches have closed since 2015, Which? analysis shows. During this period, 4,685 bank branches have shut their doors, with a further 226 already scheduled to close by the end of the year.
    Also good luck finding a post office.

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’ll be dead by then with an empty account. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It isn't the first time, but after I have written a post I always check fo mistakes yet sometimes the letters are always mixed up. This gets very frustrating so I just give up and cancel the post.

Fouro.

12. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello James,

Bank closures here as well . Nearest one 10 miles away.
    I suggest that you use cash as much as possible for 2 reasons.
    1.You will know exactly what you are spending.
    2. The Banks want us to use cards b/c it is easier for them

So let's use cash.
    Cash is KING !!

Brenda

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast