Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea temperature

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sea temperature

Antarctic thousands of years ago was a green and pleasant land, what happened?
    Some believe that the earth's climate mimics the earth's season but over a longer period.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #15 query John at what temp would it take to boil an egg at the top of Mount Everest ? JS.
    water will boil at 68*c at top of Everest

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Jimmy Hillman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Re: Sea temperature

Re. #11

F.Y.I.* As I am not a fan politically of Al Gore, I do admire him for his investment capabilities.

In 2000, when he ran against George W. Bush and lost, his net worth was $2million. His family had money, not great wealth in the scheme of things, but not shabby either. That allowed him to "afford" to enter politics. Remember you have to have a place to eat and sleep and a residency in Washington DC and the state you represent.* You have to be in Washington D.C when it's in session then home to curry favor with the voters. most personal costs are doubled.*

There are many representatives who*double-up or more in accommodations. in Washington DC every move they make is weighed by the press. They love nothing better than to get dirt on a public figure. That's national press and their home state press too.

He left politics*and went to work for Goldman Sachs, the second largest investment bank in the world.

He is no chump, or a crook.* He invested in a startup*companies called Al Jazeera, and Apple, and when they went public his net worth went to $200million, He also won the Nobel Peace Prize and that came with $1.5 million prize and plus the sales of his book that won him the prize.

He continues in investments and HIs net worth is currently estimated at $300 million. What his wife's net worth is I don't, but Al Gore is a public figure,*and his financial history is in the public domain.

In the USA any reporter who dug and dug would find any skullduggery, financial*or otherwise, and many love nothing better than finding dirt on someone in a scandal,*All Gore is clean.

As for the plane, I'm sure it's leased and if that's in his wife's name that could be for personal income tax reasons. In any case with that kind of net worth he could give it to his wife for Christmas.

I repeat, His financial dealings are in the public domain.

He's clean.
    Cheers Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

5. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just to bring you up to date, as I made a mistake on the charges facing Donald Trump.

For your score card.

to date he faces 91 criminal charges, 44 are Federal charges and 47 are State charges, all of them are felonies.

If found guilty and he won the election and was president, and found guilty, he could pardon himself of the federal charges. and any associates found guilty too, but he cannot pardon himself or others for the State crimes.

There are some very serious sentences involved, however it is unlikely he would get the max. Sentences are at the discretion of the judge. Two judges have been selected for some of the charges, one is very strict on handing out sentences the other was appointed judge by Trump.

Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#21 And millions of years before that it was all water. You can believe in the Darwinian theory for the evolution of life on earth or that the little green men from Mars were our forebears or you can believe in Adam and Eve in which case you must also believe in a Supreme Being. Whatever one’s faith is ,it is their own perogative . And not up to the great unwashed to force their views on anyone. Their are many different religions in the world and they all demand respect as they are others beliefs , and when in Rome should do as the Romans do,
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd August 2023 at 12:18 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rod .
    If he is jailed; they will have to find a place with substantial accommodation for his Secret service crew, as is his entitlement.
    Des

Ps. He will have to be careful with his fist salute, getting a bit like the one Hitler gave fashion to.
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 23rd August 2023 at 01:30 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Likes thomas michael, N/A, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doubt many stay on top of Everest long enough to boil any water.

Ivan, not sure if you can google it but if you can take a look at Prices Pier Port Melbourne.

Or should I say all that is left of it. Just the uprights and clearly visible water level marks showing no change in sea level since they were put in way back in the1800's.

About 20 years ago it was decided the heads of Port Philip bay be dredged to allow for bigger shipping.
    A group led by an environmentalist and a scientist declared that such dredging would flood Melbourne with all the additional water flowing in.
    The group grew to a few thousand, letters to the gov and papers, marches saying this must stop.
    But in the end after the dredge no change.
    However it goes to show that people who do not look or think by themselves will always be liable to such panic.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There’s only one word for them John and that is Ignorance. Born ignorant and will die ignorant. Make good sea lawyers though. JS
    One must have trust and believe in what others have already proved , I think that the biggest act of faith I ever did was when in a tight corner had to believe that a drum of oil would float when thrown into the sea and had my fingers crossed at the time belief or not. Twenty drums did so was proved 20 times over and enabled the ship to work once more and get us to better places. You might make your tea at the top of Everest but it would be cold the same as your boiled egg. The climb would be too much for me to prove so again will take others word for it. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd August 2023 at 06:49 AM.
    R575129

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=happy daze john in oz;421334
    Ivan, not sure if you can google it but if you can take a look at Prices Pier Port Melbourne.

[/QUOTE]

John, #16 was said in jest, thought you may have got that from the emojis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi des #26
    good morning, he is not going to jail, bUT if im wrong and he does i will send you a good bottle of malt whiskey
    tom

16. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast