Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Misleading Headlines

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Misleading Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    think it is a way to reduce the starving&begging numbers in places like Yemen, Sudan etc! Has to be cheaper to let them kill each other than to give them food , medicine and even fresh clean water to drink.
    We've been giving financial and material aid to Africa since the end of WWII, and upon receipt it always gets diverted from its intended purpose by corrupt indigenous officials either for their own use or to purchase arms to take away from their fellow countrymen what that countryman is entitled to, you will never stop the tribal faction, in Sudan and Yemen and many other places. I worked for years among them in Sudan, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Guinee Bissau and many other places on AID Programs, all this in-fighting will not stop until you stop giving them Aid, but that is not going to happen, as if the West leaves a void, it will be quickly filled by Russia and/or China for their own political ends. So we are stuck with the situation and also the bleeding hearts who have no reality of what is happening on the ground, but it makes them feel better, but in fact the bleeding hearts are the ones ensuring the problems continue. And if little Abdul has to walk six miles from his village to fill his bucket from the water hole, then move the bluddy village nearer the water hole

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just been reading exactly that Ivan, the Wagner group are vet influential in central Africa, and Russia and the Chinese have succumbed to those two countries influence, that worries the West.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I suppose that is the way of the world, European nations plundered African states for over a hundred years . It is the turn of the Chinese to do the plundering now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan re. #21 and foreign aid and to whom it goes to.

I too get upset with my tax dollars speeding away to Swiss banks or to purchase luxury property in either the UK or the USA by thieving despots. Add to the fact that the States is looked down on until some enemy comes knocking on these "allies" door and suddenly, we are their "good friend", but let safety come back and so does the snide comments. But that's the price of being number one. Currently, the USA is number one, and will be in my lifetime and probably during my son's life span, but I'm not sure about it lasting through my grandkid's life span (both boys).

It happened to the UK, it happened to Holland, Spain and all the way back to the Romans. Empires or leading the way come and go, so it will happen to the USA. It's usually by a form of corruption from within or resting on a countries laurels.

I'm not exactly a pacifist, neither am I a bully by nature, but I sure as hell didn't want to get killed or maimed as a Brit. in either Malaya, Cyprus, Egypt, Korea, Kenya or and other armpit countries. Neither as a yank in Viet Nam. I breathed a big sigh of relief when I outlived draft age. Funny thing I found out (after I had passed draft age) that I would not have been drafted as I'm 80% blind from birth in my left eye and if I lost my right eye, it meant a white cane for the rest of my life and a pension, so the forces of either country wouldn't have drafted me. I got into the MN, because I cheated on the eye exam. Which I had automatically done in every eye exam. I can't do it today with the machines they use in eye exams.

A childhood friend of mine joined the R.N and his one wish was to be a Navy lifer. He got the day off, I think it was in Cyprus, anyway having a drink outside a cafe' he got shot in the lung, lived, but lost a lung, and was out of the R.N., I'm sure he got a pension, but he lost a career that had been a childhood dream and no pension or partial pension would make up for that.

Cheers, Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 28th July 2023 at 05:22 PM.
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I suppose that is the way of the world, European nations plundered African states for over a hundred years . It is the turn of the Chinese to do the plundering now.
    We didn't plunder anything, it was all laying in the ground, because they had no idea what it was or what it was used for, they were quite happy murdering and selling each other, well they are now reaping all the benefits of the coal, gold, copper and silver mines we left them, in addition to roads, ports, drydocks, infrastructure, rail networks etc etc, every coin has two sides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What ever Ivan,if you are happy to live with your own version history crack on. The Union Flag, also known around the world as the Butchers Apronunion-jack-flag.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A true anti British sentiment there once again , however if such animosity against felt why reside there ? The benefits too good to waste ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    History is History and cannot be undone, and so it will continue. Another African country has hits the skids, some Sargent in the army wants to get to the money and it's on for young and old. But how will History be writ, A girl on the British TV program was asked what peace treaty was signed in Pretoria in South Africa in 1902, her answer, The war of the Roses, lol
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes that was Gypsy Rose Lee and Sweet Rosey O”Grady Des .!!! JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What ever Ivan,if you are happy to live with your own version history crack on. The Union Flag, also known around the world as the Butchers Apronunion-jack-flag.jpg
    jeez man you are one **** stirrer .......your mind seems to forget what a butchers shop your country has been .....off you trot to one of your other homes france or dubai or any other joint that will have you .....but you would be better shutting your trap there bonny lad......or its OFF WITH YER HEAD...R683532

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast