Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Our king charles

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our king charles

Brenda, well done!!!!

On our news last night a guy from the UK republican movement.
    Over the last ten years if the figures are true, well just a little bit the, the popularity of Royalty has gone from 78% of population to about 55%, with the 18 to25 age group at just 25%.

But the interviewer spoke to a number of people passing by, all spoke with a West Indian accent and were all against the monarchy!!!

No one offered any comment on the opposite or how it would work as a republic.

The Royal family, love them or not give stability to the nation and commonwealth as well as brining in billions in revenue.
    Just walk along Whitehall in the summer and see all the tourists, particularly the yanks.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They’re all looking for their roots John , the yanks aren’t all ex Irish , look at George Washington recently in some post he was very nearly a Geordie , a Makum and Takum at least , lived almost next door to Cappy. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post

But the interviewer spoke to a number of people passing by, all spoke with a West Indian accent and were all against the monarchy!!!
    Plenty of Republics they can go to, but when reality sinks in they may realise that this ole place ain't too bad afterall, but for those wishing to go back to their roots, I humbly suggest that they learn Chinese, as in a couple of decades that is going to be the predominant language on the African Continent.

As for reparations, then no way Jose, my Great Grandpappy, my Grandpappy, my Pappy and myself we ain't owned any slaves, so I don't want any reparations paid out of my taxes.

Can I get reparations for four years slavery in PSNC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello

We came back from a holiday in Morocco a few weeks ago. Very enjoyable. However, as soon as we land in the UK I feel that I have won the Lottery. There really is no place like it. Warts and all we are a good, kind welcoming people.

As for Slavery......... Modern Slavery is alive and doing very well. We don't need to dig up the past; just deal with the present. One of our daughters is C.O.O. at Hope for Justice. Don't know how she does it. It's beyond awful. H4J is a global non-profit organisation working to help victims and survivors of Modern Slavery. Hope for Justice | End Slavery. Change Lives.

Brenda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20 John if you think that Charles and Camilla were not having an affair before and after he married Diana you are a rare breed.
    More to the point. If senior Royals had not put the blockers on Charles relationship with Camilla he would likely have lived a happy married life and not been forced into the sham marriage that he had with Diana.
    They never learn look at what they did to Princess Margaret.

You seem to have a downer on Prince Harry. Yes perhaps he has handled things badly. We do not know the torment he went through with the death of his mother add that to the fact he must have observed at an early age that Mummy & Daddy could not bear to be in the same room as each other. The British media are to blame for hounding him and his wife out of the Royal family. The UK media did what they do best. Build up people tell the world how wonderful they are and then bang some hack decides if I start the ball rolling I and others will bring that individual crashing down and destroy their lives. Happens time and time again.

As for Andrew he is a royal embarassment. One spoilt brat, even those he served with in the navy rarely say a kind word about that tosser.
    Last edited by James Curry; 2nd May 2023 at 10:53 AM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Alec McSheffrey thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He knew his present wife long before he married Dianna , if you care to check. Up as you do for most tales you will find on Google a recent story from the head of the bodyguard detail saying Dianna was having it off with her personal bodyguard it was after that that Charles got back together with his present wife after he was divorced , in the person telling this I am more likely to believe as the source was not looking for old maids gossip. He also inferred when he tried to put that particular guard on another detail she kicked up a row and got him back . Charles was very well aware of the situation according to the source of this gossip as I would call it. There again this story comes via the media which I don’t believe much of in any case as well as all the other fictions. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd May 2023 at 12:30 PM.
    R575129

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards gossip!!!! think we are all prone to gossip. Without this would be a very quiet forum.

11. Likes Doc Vernon, john mc dermott liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just ordered one of the new King Charles Coronation Coins from the Bradford Exchange, as a Keepsake. Like other small memorabilia i have on other Royals!
    Cheers

King Charles III Coronation Proof £5 Coin (westminstercollection.com)

Not too costly for a keepsake!
    Mind you there are more Expensive ones in Pure Silver and Gold! Eeeek!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, there are times when I wonder about you!!!
    Goi back through English history.
    What occurred with Charles and Diana was nothing new, such arrangements have been going on as long as there has been a British royal family.

As to Andreww, yes he may have met with some unsavory people, we all have at some stage but does that make us as bad as them????
    I ponce met with Reg Cray, does that make me a crim??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would imagine the Queen was about the best in history for behaviour. Those in the past were probably dreadful humans, lopping off heads, thieving, perverts, raping, and generally being typical royals, simply because they could. I don't believe any of those hanger-on girls he got snapped with were unwilling, and probably lied about their age. But, it's the first royal era to be so open to the media and technology, and once they get you in their sights, you're done.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast