Thread: Our king charles

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our king charles

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Cappy.
    According to a British news item here, 29% don't want him and 40something % couldn't care less. Me I'm going out for a fish and chip dinner.
    Lol. I sincerely hope you enjoy the spectacle, after all they say it is going to cost the public 100 million pounds, cheap at half the price as they say.
    Des
    Well des to each his own .....I am an englishman .......nuff said.......just watch your tele and see what we english can do .....even in these times .....we still can wow the world.......peace be upon you........lol cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our royal family is about the last British thing in existence, so God save the King while it lasts. I'll be watching bits of it, especially if Harry shows up, even if it's just to hear if the people boo him or not. I've never been a royalist, but I am English (well, half of me is). I hope the weather is OK too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They have just celebrated 'Kings Day' in Holland ! who knew! apart from the Dutch, wonder how many around the world can name the Kings and Queens of Holland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Thailand etc etc. bet most of the world knew who Queen Elizabeth II was and also now Charles. As for the young not being interested, are they interested in anything apart from Whats App, Tik-Tok, etc etc, if its not on their mobile phone/i-pad etc then its not relevant. Respect for others breeds respect for ones self and teaches you that standards in daily life are necessary not just for yourself, but also for others even though you may not always agree with their views. I may be old fashioned, so be it, I am proud to be so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Like Veron I too saw the original in 53, but as we all know remake soften do not do as well as the original.
    I shall watch just to see how much has, if anything, changed.

As to Cappy putting all that out, just to keep the 'weird ones away'

As to us here in Oz.
    A little know fact, but in 19717 an amendment to the constitution states that the Governor General will be considered as head of state.
    Put there when Oz still used the UK passport, first Oz one in 1948.
    As is the case with all Commonwealth nations, the crown now has no say in any laws passed by those countries.
    The Monarch of the day no longer has to sign off on any new laws.
    But out of courtesy and so the UK is aware of any changes a copy is sent to the UK office.
    #10. 19717? Nostradamus is alive and still predicting in Oz.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking forward to watching what I hope will be a splendid day. God save the King. Those who do not believe in the monarchy just leave the TV off. Also hope that no one shows any disrespect to Camilla or the Duke of Sussex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How much to pay for energy and other handouts, plus covid. Multiple Billions, and people still want more.
    The Cora nation will cost nothing compared to welfare. Ooohh I’m a bitch lol!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lots of bunting at the front of our house.
    We also have a lively group of ' Yarn Bombers' ( knitters) and they have decorated the village with Bunting ( knitted so recyclable ) and there is a life size (knitted) model of the King with his gardening paraphernalia beside him. It's absolutely fabulous !
    Will try and send some pictures; didn't have much luck last time.
    Brenda
    Coronation on the radio last time so looking forward to the telly in colour.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

KING & GARDENING IMG_1021.jpgKING IMG_1018.jpgKING IMG_1019.jpgKING IMG_1023.jpg
    Hello
    Think that I've done it !
    Hope that you enjoy
    Brenda

Oh no ! Why are they on the side? Sorry folks. Lie down and you'll be able to see them .......
    Last edited by Brenda Shackleton; 1st May 2023 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S
    I was born when George the fifth was on the throne, then the German lover who abdicated , then George the sixth, then Queen Elisabeth and if I live to Saturday King Charles. That's five and the only time anyone one of them did anything for my family was Queen Elisabeth, who sent a carriage and four black horses to take my uncle 's coffin to the cemetery in honour of something he did during the war and later, so I had a bit of time for her.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You’ve got a couple of years on me Des , but can profess similar. I’m not ashamed of or for the Royal family , Maybe have misgivings about one of them who to me has given up the right to wear the Kings uniform whether he realises it or not. Disloyalty to me deserves no medals in any walk of life and certainly not in the higher echelons , however everyone to their own beliefs we are all the same and as at the same time different otherwise it would be a dreary old world. I think the old complaint of a money waster is codswallop and they earn the respect of the world in general and the British people in particular . For those who throw up their private life’s should look at their own before throwing stones. As regards the fiasco with Charles first wife those who blame him for infidelity should take a look at his first wife’s statements where she admitted to be the first to do so. Like most British people of British birth my own wish is that things should stay as is. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd May 2023 at 01:14 AM.
    R575129

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast