Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something here

Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Am I missing something here

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    Agreed Marian, None of my relative are too keen for it yet, most live just south of the border in Louth. They tend to believe any troubles are better left in the north. Mind you, one day it'll happen.
    I have no doubt on that Johnny when indeed who knows. Thinking too, the humongous expense is one of many factors to consider, though at present they have a further predicament like the rest of us!

https://twitter.com/markmaycot/statu...92bnqhy9w&s=19

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Republic of Ireland is being used as a back door for refugees. Once in, they can do a runner over the border to the Northern Ireland. Because of the Good Friday Agreement there are no boder checks. Once up north they can get a ferry from Belfast and get off in Birkenhead and gone !!!!
    Last edited by James Curry; 11th April 2023 at 01:13 PM.

4. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan, yes I agree there are many who were killed on the alter of power hungry men at the times of the troubles.

For that reason alone most of the south are not inclined to see a rejoining of the two.

Hores racing is one you missed Marion, Coolmore Stud, just down the road from where my wife comes from is world famous for all it does,
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ROI has just purchased two 14 year old Navy Patrol Boats from the NZ Navy to add to its fleet, they are currently on passage aboard a heavy lift vessel, will this mean there are now six patrol boats tied up because of lack of crew.

Whilst on the subject of Ireland and Biden's claim to be Irish, his parents and grandparents were all born in the USA, his great grandfather went to Ireland in 1850. My Yorkshire puddings are more Irish. He has said that his mother hated the English with a vengeance, I wonder if she was ever in Ireland.

Just commenting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    ROI has just purchased two 14 year old Navy Patrol Boats from the NZ Navy to add to its fleet, they are currently on passage aboard a heavy lift vessel, will this mean there are now six patrol boats tied up because of lack of crew.

Whilst on the subject of Ireland and Biden's claim to be Irish, his parents and grandparents were all born in the USA, his great grandfather went to Ireland in 1850. My Yorkshire puddings are more Irish. He has said that his mother hated the English with a vengeance, I wonder if she was ever in Ireland.

Just commenting
    Ivan that is because you used good old County Kerry milk or cream when making your Yorkshire puddings

JS, should checkout the family tree, he may be related to George Washington.

He relates that the Washington family appears to have descended from William de Hertburn, who in the 12th century acquired the manor of Wessyngton in County Durham, south of Newcastle.

9. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post

Just commenting
    Apparently the bold Joe was having a coffee with Mr Sunak this morning then off to Ulster University for a 'keynote speech' whereby at the last count a crowd of fifteen folk are waiting to greet him. £7,000,000 this has cost the British tax payer. Nevermind eh!.... Joe, his sister and son Hunter are leaving for a wee Jolly to the South straight after for a shindig with his mothers kin for two days, including a State Banquet...wonder what that's costing Eire!
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 12th April 2023 at 10:15 AM.

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post

Hores racing is one you missed Marion, Coolmore Stud, just down the road from where my wife comes from is world famous for all it does,
    Lordy John don't think John Magnier would be too enamoured being listed alongside my#19, of Paddy McGinty's goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fztHnEmIlk;)

12. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

14. Likes Ivan Cloherty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Apparently the bold Joe was having a coffee with Mr Sunak this morning then off to Ulster University for a 'keynote speech' whereby at the last count a crowd of fifteen folk are waiting to greet him. £7,000,000 this has cost the British tax payer. Nevermind eh!.... Joe, his sister and son Hunter are leaving for a wee Jolly to the South straight after for a shindig with his mothers kin for two days, including a State Banquet...wonder what that's costing Eire!
    Marion,
    Hunter may be looking for investments now his Ukraine rip offs have been stopped.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

16. Likes Ivan Cloherty, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, half the bloody USA want to be Irish.
    WE go back there about every second year or so, at the car hire there are always yanks who will tell you they are looking for their Irish roots.
    Not just Joe but many before him.

But I tell them be careful what kind of roots you are after, try the local church and ask the priest.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

18. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast