Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blooper Again!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Blooper Again!!!!

Watching Rembrace Parade with Huw Davies commenting in the background.
    He came to the MV Atlantic Conveyor, which well know was sunk in the Falklands War.
    Huw described her as a converted tanker, makes you wonder who rights the scripts.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blooper Again!!!!

That was only 40 odd years ago Vic give them time to figure it out. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder why the white anchor wreath was not placed on the same side as the Red ensign on the Cenotaph. I was just about to switch off as I did not think the MN were going to get a mention. Glad a I gave it a few more minutes and fair play to the BBC and Huw Edwards he did well that is apart from not knowing the Atlantic Conveyor was not a tanker but a RoRO Container ship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Blooper Again!!!!

.....Did anybody else also notice that when BBC presenter David Dimbleby was reeling off the list of the former PM's,as they were filing back inside from the Cenotaph ,i.e.Major,Cameron,Blair etc,he said Brian Johnson -before hurriedly correcting it to Boris.Trust me,I'm an aspergic proof-reader and notice these things...To me,Brian Johnson will always be the front man of that hard rock Australian group AC/DC-although why the Dimbleby would probably know that in any case is doubtful.Even more so me,as I don't follow hard rock,nor am I of the AC/DC persuasion- I'm more of an Abba and Sam Smith and Matt Monro afficionado.

Mind you,seeing as Mr.D. is a BBC man,he might have intentionally done that to slight Boris by getting his name wrong-but as we know ,our Boris is not so easily,if ever,slighted.

In my constantly orbiting brain thoughts,I just thought if I had been Boris then I would have worn a fake joke dagger in the middle of my back,in full view of Richi Soontax !

Getting back to Mr,D, he did not actually use an autocue-well I don't think so,but obviously had notes to prompt him,pity he or someone in the team put somebody -a young slip of a girl no doubt, with a useless PHD degree in broadcasting and media studies (for which it took her a total of 7 years in higher education) -being entrusted by the British Biased Corp. to write Mr.D's notes...

It has become increasingly noticeable to me that many so-called TV presenters cannot even read an autocue these days.

But apart from that ,it was a lovely Remembrance Sunday ceremony. How sad too that it was the first one without our beloved Queen Elizabeth II.It somehow always seemed more meaningful and proper when she was there.
    MN Wreath (2).jpgPoppy 2 (2).gifbirds.gif
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 14th November 2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Tidying up the poppies.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    .....Did anybody else also notice that when BBC presenter David Dimbleby was reeling off the list of the former PM's,as they were filing back inside from the Cenotaph ,i.e.Major,Cameron,Blair etc,he said Brian Johnson -before hurriedly correcting it to Boris.Trust me,I'm an aspergic proof-reader and notice these things...To me,Brian Johnson will always be the front man of that hard rock Australian group AC/DC-although why the Dimbleby would probably know that in any case is doubtful.Even more so me,as I don't follow hard rock,nor am I of the AC/DC persuasion- I'm more of an Abba and Sam Smith and Matt Monro afficionado.

Mind you,seeing as Mr.D. is a BBC man,he might have intentionally done that to slight Boris by getting his name wrong-but as we know ,our Boris is not so easily,if ever,slighted.

In my constantly orbiting brain thoughts,I just thought if I had been Boris then I would have worn a fake joke dagger in the middle of my back,in full view of Richi Soontax !

Getting back to Mr,D, he did not actually use an autocue-well I don't think so,but obviously had notes to prompt him,pity he or someone in the team put somebody -a young slip of a girl no doubt, with a useless PHD degree in broadcasting and media studies (for which it took her a total of 7 years in higher education) -being entrusted by the British Biased Corp. to write Mr.D's notes...

It has become increasingly noticeable to me that many so-called TV presenters cannot even read an autocue these days.

But apart from that ,it was a lovely Remembrance Sunday ceremony. How sad too that it was the first one without our beloved Queen Elizabeth II.It somehow always seemed more meaningful and proper when she was there.
    MN Wreath (2).jpgPoppy 2 (2).gifbirds.gif
    I rather suspect that the Brian that Dimbleby was thinking of was not the AC/DC frontman, but instead Brian Johnston (aka Johnners) who of course used to commentate on Test Match Special for the BBC.
    It's also worth remembering that Dimbleby is now 84, and as I am sure many here will recognise; your wits aren't necessarily as sharp as they once were at that age.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the best one, was the female presenter of some TV program, called our esteemed Chancellor Jeremy Hunt, Jeremy C**t. I considered it the best slip up ever, especially as it's a fine description of him anyway, so there could have been some psychological reason for the slip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looked to me as if King Charles was looking quite emotional, no doubt he had his dear mother on his mind thinking about her as well.
    I am jealous but Charles could seriously do with a hair cut, for me it is a HAIR Cut.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must confess, i looked at his haircut as well, my old fella, ex royal marine, would turn over in his grave, to see hair like that in uniform.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Must confess, i looked at his haircut as well, my old fella, ex royal marine, would turn over in his grave, to see hair like that in uniform.
    RHIP Keith

10. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe his dresser hasn't told Charles he needs a haircut, likes to keep him looking like a nerd.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

12. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast