Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Ships Crash

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why Ships Crash

#10 They would probably only give interviews to who they had to John. I certainly wouldn’t have spoken to the media , I wouldn’t even trust them to print what I said in its entirety
    Without taking something out of context and putting in their own views to enhance the story line After learning that at an early age and waited 20 years before saying as few words as possible to a query from them , even then they failed the test. The best words to answer them is Foff . JS.....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th November 2022 at 10:41 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, the media is the media and must do what the media must do, tell the story their way which is often not the absolute truth.
    At times not even like the truth but it is doing what the media must.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #10 They would probably only give interviews to who they had to John. I certainly wouldn’t have spoken to the media , I wouldn’t even trust them to print what I said in its entirety
    Without taking something out of context and putting in their own views to enhance the story line After learning that at an early age and waited 20 years before saying as few words as possible to a query from them , even then they failed the test. The best words to answer them is Foff . JS.....
    You could be right about the media . In 1975 I was ch.mate on the GTV Asiafreighter in the Arsine gas incident. After gas freeing in the Western approaches we came into Rotterdam
    for the removal of the contaminated container. we had to give a sample of the atmosphere in hold #2 in a sample bottle which had to go ashore before we could enter. I went down the
    accommodation ladder to hand the sample over . There was also a TV crew filming and there was quite a swell running and I was being thrown about . My Dutch mother-in-law told me
    later that when it came on the news , I was described as " one of the poisoned crew who still can't walk properly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Suppose it’s a bit better saying you were intoxinated John ? JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Crikey that brings back memories. The immaculately manicured George Robey who used to come round every cabin telling you to visit his bum-boats. Jock MacGregor from Aberdeen, an Arab with a Scottish accent. I often wondered what his real name was. His accent even fooled the Jocks. I went through a few time in the early 60's when the pilots were Egyptian and they would bring the next orders to the radio room on the back of a fag packet.
    Those were the days - swing the lamp..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Jock MacGregor I met in the 70s could also copy a really good Geordie accent as well as a Scots accent, he wanted to sell us 'Malkies', Glasgow speak from the 1930/40s for open razors. He told us that during the Arab Isralia war a lot of them came to London and busked the cinema queues. The last time I came throught the canal (1993) was on a semi-sub drilling rig no bumboats no Jock MacGregor to hard for them to get onboard.

UK003715

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bought my first electric shaver from him, or one of his mates in about 64.
    Paid the princely sum of one pound for it.
    Works well and still have it after all this time, though not used for many years as it sounds now something like an old two stroke.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#17 If it is battery operated John , best open up and replace the two cockroaches , they must be a long time dead by now . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #18
    good morning, in the paper yesterday, about a guy whom was arrested in newcaastle and when he was searched he was found to have a few hundred in twenty pound notes, But after close examination by the policeman he saw that instead of ( pound ) in the top right hand corner it was ( poond ) so obviously it was a local currency.its a pity you couldnt get your hands on one, you could pay off cappy with one of them.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi john sabourn #18
    good morning, in the paper yesterday, about a guy whom was arrested in newcaastle and when he was searched he was found to have a few hundred in twenty pound notes, But after close examination by the policeman he saw that instead of ( pound ) in the top right hand corner it was ( poond ) so obviously it was a local currency.its a pity you couldnt get your hands on one, you could pay off cappy with one of them.
    tom
    probably one of those Scottish ones that were circulating a few years back with a picture of Alec Salmond on them

13. Likes j.sabourn, thomas michael liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast