Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Two kitchens Milliband

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Two kitchens Milliband

When I came to Oz in 1960, the 'Climate Scientists' were forecasting that the Great Barrier Reef would be dead in 10 years due to Star of crown star fish.
    The mouth of the river Murray was closing up due to lack of flow and was being dredged to keep it open. Since then, we have a very large number of irrigated farms on the Murray and the mouth is still open.
    Yesterday, flew from Adelaide to Brisbane and almost the thing to be seen between clouds was water everywhere. Hope the gingers can keep bilge pumps going or we will sink.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By what we see on the news here Colin looks more of a job for the main ballast pumps . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Humans are but just a fart in a hurricane in the grand scheme of things. Nature is far more powerful than anything we can produce. Putins finger on the bomb threatening mankind is just a firecracker compared to what lurks under Yellowstone USA.

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yellowstone Park is in a 40 mile diameter caldera formed from three super volcanic eruptions which have taken place in the last 2.1 million years and will happen again, hopefully not soon. If and when it does it is predicted the fallout from it will cover the whole of North America, blot out the sun and cause a volcanic winter that could last many years, basically an extinction event. This information is from an Open University course I did a few years ago. Yellowstone is well worth a visit if you are every in the area.

UK003715

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno.

No I hadn't heard of Dr. Judith Curry, but thanks, I do now. I have just spent almost 2 hours reading, articles, discussions and some papers by her, the technical stuff went right over my head and even that left my wee brain ringing. However, I believe in doing due diligence.

My opinion is both of us could claim she favors our point of view. She is a middle of the roader. She claims global warming is a fact, but not how it is caused, yet fossil fuels are a major contributor, but that no solutions are being offered. I am including two paragraphs from one of the pages of discussions I waded through:

...How the climate of the 21st century will play out is a topic of deep uncertainty. Once natural climate variability is accounted for, it may turn out to be relatively benign. Or we may be faced with unanticipated surprises. We need to increase our resiliency to whatever the future climate presents us with. We are shooting ourselves in the foot if we sacrifice economic prosperity and overall societal resilience on the altar of urgently transitioning to 20th-century renewable energy technologies....

...We need to remind ourselves that addressing climate change isn’t an end in itself and that climate change is not the only problem that the world is facing. The objective should be to improve human well-being in the 21st century while protecting the environment as much as we can....

She offers no solutions or proposals that I could find, just philosophical contradictions, but a let's wait and see what happens. I'm of the opinion that it's better to be safe than sorry. She does raise another interesting point, which tied into what I heard on the radio this morning. The US, Europe even China and India recognize an overpopulation of their countries and are doing something about, sadly not unified, with some being more draconian than others...Excepting Africa, their population is exploding and along with their contribution to the pollution of both land and atmosphere and many will find their only escape is to emigrate. Hello Dover and California.

Cheers. Rodney and thanks for the heads-up on Dr. Curry
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

7. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are 1,350 Volcanos in the world, 47 of them are erupting right now, the pollution from them is more than all the cars put together. These climate
    scientists fail to mention this, if they dont follow there green policies the sponsorship cash dries up. The world in in constant evolution ,and we have to adapt to it, to think that we can change this is nonsense .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is nothing we can do about Volcanos, but there is plenty we can do to improve ones carbon foot print.

10. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes stop procreating . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    I woke up early, I stopped procreating 60 years ago, don't blame me for climate change, not even Cappy's loose change.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now estimated at some 8 billion.
    In 1918 at the time of the Spanish Flu global population was about 2 billion.
    By 1980 it had grown to some 4 billion, so in 22 years it has doubled!!
    Estimate is for some 9 billion by 2035, slowing a bit, then on to a maximum of about 10.4 by 2250

But within the western world birthrates are in decline, one reason given is that the fertility of men in falling.
    Not so much sperm as once was.

Land to produce food is falling as much is being used to build houses for the masses.
    India is now the most populous nation.
    The one child policy in Chinese cities is no more so now onein four across the globe is said to be Chinese or of Chinese origin.

One theory now being put forward by some scientists and others is that man will be gone within less than 1,000 years.
    Where the world will end and how is still unknown, but I do know we will not be here to see it.

But such large numbers pose other problems, all living creatures produce two gasses, Methane and Co2, the climate lobby may not be happy with this bit.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 16th November 2022 at 06:01 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast