Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Dock Road.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool Dock Road.

Just attended my grandsons Graduation Awards which took place at Liverpools Anglican Cathedral.I came home along the dock road not a pub open,not even the Atlantic (one of the only ones left) where the Liverpool meet up is normally held.If you were docked in Liverpool now you would be hard pressed to get a pint never mind a pub where there was lots of action.When you look back and think of Liverpool as a good run ashore all we have now is memories.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

I know many of you have good memories of the dock road,what was your favourite pub?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Today , Thursday I went to the Eldonian Club, to meet up with Joe Finnegan from Perth, and a few other ex Cunard lads,
    We got there at 2pm, the club was Closed. Nearly three hours travelling time there and back para nada.
    Liverpool has gone TT today..
    We ended up in West Derby Village. at the Standard.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian,West Derby Village,how idyllic does that sound,the truth is there has been quite a bit of shooting going on around there lately.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

By the way I have seen most guys heading for the Eldonian for 3am,were you to early?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Up the Mast!

What you doing up that Mast mate,too old for those capers haha!
    Long trip for naught!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dock Road

Hi Jim,worked down the docks for 29 years must have more than a few pints in them over them years.Took photos of them that was left 12 years ago lent them out to a friend 6weeks ago.See you in Crosby Library Tuesday 11-12 oclock 8may from Ken.9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool Dock Road

By the if my memory serves me right did the trams use to run along the dock road ..It reminds me of a story i heard during the war how true it was i dont know but it went like this Some American seamen went into one of the pubs along the dock road one of them went up to the bar and said give us six beers as quick as you guys got out of Dunkirk with the pub full with dockers you could just imagine what would have happened ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Great Pubs

Langton Castle, fell out of there at closing time full as a fart, wobberly boots on and very very happy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dock Road

Jim, Remember the overhead railway, but cant remember ever being on it, Do however remember the pubs along the Dock Road. Is certainly a different place now, which was a number of years ago when last visited. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Liverpool Dock Road.
    Brian,West Derby Village,how idyllic does that sound,the truth is there has been quite a bit of shooting going on around there lately.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

By the way I have seen most guys heading for the Eldonian for 3am,were you to early?
    .Hi Jim, just noticed, 3am, I think I was turned in then, they must have had a late session.
    .Hi Jim, One of the lads went in the Club, and he was told all the Staff had gone to Blackpool and it was closed for the day,
    I have just phoned my mate, Tommy Miller, in Orrel Park, who was turning up at 3pm, It was closed then for the Voting, the door on the far right through the other side of the railings Had a big sign up sayin Vote,
    As for the shootings in West Derby village, the gun men must have all gone to vote or were still canvassing for the government to repeal the Gun Laws. It was a bit quiet then.
    Cheers
    Brian.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Up the Mast! What you doing up that Mast mate,too old for those capers haha!
    Long trip for naught!
    Cheers Vernon.

./
    . Hi Vernon, that photo was taken on the Sailing Ship `Leeuwin` out of Fremantle, I was going aloft to climb over the futtock shrouds and furl sail on the yard arms. I was 72 years old then so not too bad for an old timer,
    I went again a few weeks ago in Freo but she wasnt sailing. Just tied up and no one aboard.
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 4th May 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bob,the last time I was in the Langton Castle must've been about 20 years ago,I was dropping a mate off at the Irish boat that used to sail from across the road.It was a right dump your feet would stick to the floor as you walked across what was supposed to be carpet.I'm not quite sure but I think where that was is now inside the dock estate I know the dock road ends just before there.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast