Thread: BBC News

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default BBC News

BBC last night featured a segment on the Japanes and American Navies.
    The commentator explained what was happening in the region, and stated "In the Bay there is fleet of Amercanand Japanese, warships at Anchor", no ships were evident.
    He moved to the dock and loads behind him, all the warships were tied up.
    Makes you wonder.
    Vic

Last edited by vic mcclymont; 23rd May 2022 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: BBC News

Maybe they were told they were submarines in the bay!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked in TV, for many years with journalists. There were great exceptions (some brilliant people, such as Dimbleby) but many were far too glib and over confident - howlers came and went, usually unnoticed.
    Harry Nicholson

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last night while watching a Regent Cruise doc., we were informed the vessel was weighing anchor and leaving when it was in fact letting go the ropes. Always wrong on tv. Pure unadulterated ignorance and nobody to correct them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only thing I can say about those fleets, some have short memories, you can read some of our old mate Lou's posts about the Japs, now they are flavour of the month.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5 Des it is only that we were fortunate enough to have been on the winning side of the last war , or maybe today we would not have been able to stand upright in the presence of a Japanese person and been on hands and knees in their presence. The youngsters of today would be accepting that as the norm , as wouldn’t know any different. similar to the present war in the Ukraine , if Russia succeeds in its claims Ukraine will cease to exist and in a few years time it will all be lost in the past. It’s happened so many times in our life and a lot of cases we can’t even remember the original names of countries just in Europe alone. The uk just escaped by the skin of its teeth is my opinion . Our own Parliament could have shut down and not be missed as all laws just about came via Brussels . Already different names for parts of the UK had been drawn up ready to rename areas of the UK . This was revealed in one journalistic report before I ever left the UK. In my thoughts I think the people of the UK should thank their lucky stars , those who believe in joining Europe I see no rush to take up permanent residence there , they would be free to do so in my opinion and if pining for Europe should do so. If that includes members of the BBC the best of luck and Au Revoir . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2022 at 04:43 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It sounds as if your British Biased Corporation is much like our Always Biased Company, most of the presenters stumble and stutter during presentations and the number of blinders is quite amazing.
    They also have a great ability to bring you the news from yesterday, most of the commercials bring it the same day.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Graham Payne, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #6
    good morning, your correct on many levels with these topics and it was not until about 1973 or 1974 when our pound was exchanged for decimal coinage,that was aware of the change that was about to come with the common market, but as you state what made me more aware was over the years the continual change of laws to come into line with the super state that was forming within our very sight, sadly though that was veiled and hidden by the political establishment of the day, Was we not continually told by the establishment that it was nothing more than a common market, with benifits from all our neighbours in europe,
    mean while whilst i was being educated about what the aim of the european union was all about, i used to read about individual members of parliament shouting from every platform of how they where going to introduce a new bill and enshrine it in law for the freedom of this or that, when in fact they had been chosen by the party whip to introduce a new law from brussels and propose it for its passage through parliament and on to our statutory law books, we where hoodwinked from the day that limp wristed ted heath begged for admittance into the corrupt ideological fantasy dreamt up by obscure names and that finally emerges into the light as a superstate run by our old nemesis germany, with its lapdog poodle the french shouting the words that the germans load into their mouths ,
    it makes a mockery of what most people went through during the two wars that those people in this country of a certain age whom are still with us remember the latter war, and you are correct in stating that by skin of teeth did we in this country survive and again in the case of brexit that we where able to get out of their grasp.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can just imagine Ted Heath fitting in well on Cape Line ships he would fit in well in his budgy smugglers . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole concept of a united Europe is a bit of a farce if you ask me.
    It was an attempt to bring all the nations within it to one set of rules.
    Fine in theory, but one aspect of this was that for some cultures changes that would not be welcome.
    And some bordering on the rediculous such as straight cucumbers and apples all the same size.

One currency which can be manipulated to suit who ever and Germany and France look to be in control.
    So much for unity.

We the British public were fed all manner of terminalogical inexactitudes to get us to accept it.
    Best thing Boris did was to get you out of it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes thomas michael, Bill Morrison liked this post