Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recycled old news

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recycled old news

A fitting tribute to those poor souls who perished on that terrible night.
    One only hopes their passing was not in vain and that those in power power such establishments learned some lessons so it may never happen again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    This should be it Fouro & John, simply a dot in the wrong place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlJZSyUDE-M
    My mistake sorted, many thanks and well done Marian as I wanted site members to see what has been taking place regarding the remembrance of the 165 oilmen and 2 merchant navy seamen who lost their lives. Seeing is believing so I hope you all find what has been taking place inside the Kirk of St Nicholas in Union Street, Aberdeen, interesting.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just in case you weren’t aware Fouro the third member of the Sandhavens FRC who survived the other two , died sometime ago , also as believe you know so did the designated coxn of the FRC off the Silver Pit. The OIM off the Tharus also , there are probably plenty more as well. Cheers JS
    R575129

5. Thanks N/A, Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This so called war will continue as long as the US military, arms and bankers complex make money from it. It has a side benefit in that it detracts attention of the average US voter from the appalling management of their country by the current biden administration. The main stream media or presstitutes as they are now called, have little interest in printing a balanced view of the cause of the war e.g notice that RTS has been banned from the western tv screens and hence all we get for so called news is the propaganda from washington and London. How many readers of this blog know that Catherine the Great purchased the Crimea from the Austro Hungarian empire in 1793? not many I bet ,so how can it suddenly be invaded by the Russians? and don,t write and tell me that it still remains ukranian territiry or I shall respond and say in that case Louisiana should still be french and alaska russian.

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The US bought Alaska from Russia for coppers, maybe Putin has realised this and decided he wants more Real Estate closer to home to replace what he got done for. As long as Biden doesn’t lose the receipt for he’s OK. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    Putin has achieved one of his main goals, and that is to wipe out the Fascist Asove Battalion. He called the Ukraine President a Fascist, he said how could I be I'm a Jew. Take a look at what is happening to the Palestinians, very similar to what the fascist Gestapo did in Warsaw,
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon #32 there is a lot of truth in that statement.

The USA when ever a recession it goes out and finds a war.
    It soaks up the unemployed by putting them in the army or munitions factories.
    But the big winners atre the arms dealers who make a fortune, no doubt that is happening now.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When one thinks about it, Longshanks was the Putin of the 13th century when he took over Wales and made it part of his English kingdom.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#19 when one thinks of it Fouro that is part of the wrongs of the world today. We are all living in different time zones , there is not one factor which covers all which is applicable to different nations and the level they think they have attained . It is just one big bag of different morals and way of life , to make matters worse the do gooders want to mix all together. Maybe good in theory , but suspect it will never succeed in fact. It can only be achieved if it is going to be achieved by natural process’s of natural evolution and not some made up politician with his own mission of changing the world . Will cause more problems than what it solves and we can see the results by pushing a button and watching it all happen on the magic box. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recycled old newsthe the English

I was quoting history whe I wa referring to Longshanks (Edward I). After he added Wales to the English kingdom it was his ambition to do likewise with Scotland. So up he journied to Scotland to achieve this. He defeated the Scots in various battles and at Dunbar he routed the Scots. After this battle he took it for granted he had conquered Scotland. He then left it to one of his representatives named John de Warrenne in Stirling castle. William Wallace had other ideas and defeated the English at the battle of Stirling Bridge in 1297. Immediately Edward headed for Scotland and defeated Wallace's army at the battle of Falkirk in1298. Again after this battle and having Wallace executed , he thought Scotland was his for the taking. The Scots started rebelling against being ruled by the English so again Longshanks made for Scotland, but unfortunately for him he took I'll and died within sight of Scotland. He died a broken man and in his deathbed he requested that his bones were not to buried until Scotland was conquered. His son Edward II took over what he had started and we all know what happened at Bannockburn in 1314.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast