Thread: Short-sightedness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Short-sightedness.

Falls of Clyde International has been battling Hawain Authorities for the release of the sailing vessel Falls of Clyde. The authorities have agreed to release the vessel.
    F. O. C.I have always planned to return her to Greenock, with the plans to include a maritime museum around the ship and would highlight the areas rich shipbuilding history.
    The plan was to use the Victoria Harbour at Greenock, the plans would bring jobs and investments to the area and would encourage cruise ships visitors to spend more time in the area.
    In its infinite wisdom the local planning authority have rejected the whole concept From what information is available there would be no financial implications for the local authority.
    Makes you wonder.

Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 29th December 2021 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Short-sightedness.

[QUOTE=vic mcclymont;394333
    In its infinite wisdom the local planning authority have rejected the whole concept From what information is available there would be no financial implications for the local authority.
    Makes you wonder.

Vic[/QUOTE]

All part of every authority becoming woke and trying to disassociate itself from our country's past in case it has shades of the slave trade. Why do these people not realise you cannot change history, it is what it is (or was) even yesterday is now history and today will be history tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With reference to #2 above, yesterday marked a sad day in our justice system when four students in Bristol were found not guilty of vandalism and criminal damage after pulling down a statue and dumping it in Bristol docks. The students of course were receiving their education in Colston Hall section of the university.

I know there are mixed views on the statue with it being of Edward Colston an apparent (alleged) slave trader, but he was also a benefactor for Bristol having established a college for poor students and also a hospital plus homes for the destitute, but all the latter are conveniently forgotten of course. Yes people may have the right to protest about statues in their self righteous flagulation/indignation of perceived wrongs of the past and have petitions to have them removed. However the verdict seemingly sets a precedent for all and sundry to pull down any statue that they find offensive for any reason what so ever.

Bristol City of course were complicit in my mind as they have in the last few months changed the name of the theatre, community halls, streets roads etc which all bore the name Colston. The trial should never have been held in Bristol as the 12 good citizens of the jury were from Bristol and may well rue the day when they made a decision to find these vandals not guilty because this verdict will undoubtedly have spin off consequences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To me History is History, whether you like it or not.
    If tearing down a statue and throwing it in the river because you don't agree with it is not wilful damage, What is?.

Frank.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly the woke among us are slowly imposing their minority will onthe majority.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #3
    good evening, the contrived anger driven by a narrative about a crazed drug addict full of drugs whom resisted arrest and died because of his own actions, ( and has since had a statue errected to him ) and all this happened on the streets of america,But the agenda controlled by middle class marxist whom have used the world stage in looting and destroying property in this country in the pretence of helping the ( pretended struggle) by the immigrant population in this country against the majority, For the marxist this is the class warfare they have longed for.
    bristol council where and are complicit in the breakdown of the values we know and hold sacred, like london the political bodies in charge use the immigrant population to further the carears of the party faithful,
    the courts have long ceded any authority when dealing with these so called minorities, as the liberal marxist started their climb from universities in the 1960s and they are in charge of the judiciary, and a acquittal by a local jury was not only expected but demanded, Also when witnessess the likes of professor david olusoga of manchester university born in nigeria a writer of some ( repute ) kept in work by the bbc to constantly destroy our history and heritage, even though his books are riddled with down right fabricates and misrepresents of factual history, too many to list here,
    i write about what i see, and what i see is chaos in the future, and a greater man than me a greek scholar, a great orator a member of the establishment, and has already fortold the end of this saga, so i will not dwell on it here.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sailed on Tankers like many others to places where people were exploited by British Companies and Govts, does that make me and thousands of others guilty of some nefarious claims of exploiting them? Should we all pull down statues of Romans, Vikings etc. These blokes were supposed to be the future of Britain. I wouldn't put them down as Marxist, Catholic, ****** or any ism, that only encourages other idiots to put up a name like Woke.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is a disease similar to the current virus plauging the planet.

Those of woke disposition see the world in black and white, thought I may be in trouble for using such words.
    They require a squeaky clean world devoid of any subject that may offend their delusory thinking.

A craze across the globe to remove statues, street names, building names, but for what/

To satisfy their need for perfection, if they want that then stay home, see no one, go no where and they will not be offended.
    As young children we were taught history at school, some thing that is now often not on the school corriculum any more, but look at some of the modern day teachers and you can understand why!

History happened and cannot, no matter how hard they try be unhappened.

But as now so often the case it is the squeaky wheel that gets the oil, but as a result democracy as we know it slowly dies.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller