Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: servicing wind farms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: servicing wind farms

I remember watching the doccu on that golf course Bill, and how trump performed, he had powerful men backing him in Scotland, how he was ever allowed to get away with what he done beggars believe. The film crew filming the working in a private garden were told by the police to stop filming immediately . Has the little smallholding guy still holding out there?, a brave man that, kt
    R689823

2. Thanks Bill Morrison thanked for this post
    Likes Michael Black liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 Bill Morrison

Bill.

I can't comment on UK and subsidizing building Wind turbines. But my honarary son in Germany, had to borrow $20 million, (in Deutsch Marks) payable back over ten years to build the three turbines he has built, and is now arranging the finances for a group of investors (he has 40% interest) to build 3 more. In Germany they are self funded.

He has a photo of 3inch binders full of reports and answers he had to give that measured almost ten meters, standing upright in a serpentine snake line that answered the questions that were required by the German government, things like flight paths of migratory birds, not just technical stuff, before granting permission and awarding a contract to build and operate.

Most turbines there are owned and operated by large consortiums. When he got permission to build, the big guys offered him $3 million for the approval contract. He thought if they were willing to pay that, then there had to be a lot more money doing it himself and that's what he did.

I have been in his wind turbines, right up to the top, within 5 feet of the blades. They generate a slight hum, that's all. There is a turbine in operation below them that drives them, handles interior lights and an elevator. Steffen was doing something to them and I remember sticking my head down the open hatch to ask him about something. The generator made hardly any noise and we carried on a conversation. Same in the elevator, going up and coming down.

In his case, when the wind blows optimally the power generated is sold and the excess acts as a credit against days when there's no wind.

Like any business venture, there are good days and bad, these are budgeted factors. At the end of the year, you should come out as you forecasted when you decided to build them.

He has been operating them for five years now, he has had good years and bad, but over five years he is on target. And a wealthy man.

An East German, who went from nothing, when the wall came down, to a millionaire today and on his way to be a multi-millionaire.

And one of the nicest person I ever met.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wind farms here in Oz are often on farming land and the farmers are very happy with the rent they get for them.
    As for renewable energy reducing prices, in your dreams.
    I have solar panels and the rebate for excess put back in to the grid is now only 12.2 cents per KWH
    When they were first put on in 2008 it was 66 cents.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, you missed main opponent to those particular wind farms is Bob Brown, greeny and ex leader of greens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3