Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U.K. crew member killed on board tanker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: U.K. crew member killed on board tanker

john sorry to say no money in peace?? every country supplies every other country that is the way of the business we are in. we are holding money that belongs to iran for tanks we should have supplied them in their war against Iraq years ago who are we to do that?? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hell of a lot of mystery and misinformation coming from the Gulf area. At the time of the alleged drone attack on the Israeli managed tanker signals received from six ships that they were not under command. No further information coming from these vessels.
    Asphalt Princess said to have been hijacked, later the ship no longer hijacked. How did the alleged hijackers board the vessel ? How did they leave? Were they in military uniform? What was their nationality? No answers or explanation.
    Do not believe anything you read. World leaders playing propaganda wars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

why does IRAN want to stir the sh.t out there any one of a number of nations could just take over the place what is the UN/NATO doing? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14 John, taking over Iran would be a monumental task; it is a large country with a big army and more technologically advanced than you might imagine. I first went there in 68 to join a ship in Bandar Mashur, staying in Abadan at the Intercontinental and was surprised at how poor some of the local population was, living in hovels made from palm fronds and camel crap, but that was during the time of the Shah. Scroll forward to more recent times i have had about 4 trips there on business and things have changed but not necessarily for the better. The revolutionary governments have spent mega sums on military build up, supported by Russia and China while their education system would appear to have been neglected of funds. It was very noticeable during my trips there how many Chinese and Russians were out and about but also, not surprisingly, French as they had big interests in the country (Total involved in several major developments).
    So despite the embargos they are managing fairly well as there are many countries dealing with them, for example India was supplying them with petrol in exchange for crude as , despite their huge refining complexes they could not produce enough petrol to meet domestic demand (I witnessed huge queues for fuel at filling stations). I was also impressed at some of the facilities that various companies had which would put other similar western countries to shame. Their big problem area is the neglect of their infrastructure, roads, pipelines etc. but they wont spend the money to improve quality and reliability.
    So coming back to the original point, don't class them as bunch of raghead rabble, they are (the people in power that is) fanatical maniac who are very volatile and would have no qualms about mobilising the whole population to fight (just like all the "volunteer" cannon fodder in their war with Iraq).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

tony i understand all said but at the end of the day follow the money? they want trouble and the world knows they are throwing billions at it i believe if you cut the head off the snake its not going to heart you my question is why the tech that would be against them would be overwhelming and its a powder keg waiting for a match just my view.. jp

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like a football match the Martyrs versus the Farters , think I”ll put my name down for the funk hole if it’s not full up with politicians, Holy men and the likes. JS
    R575129

8. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are about five countries who fully engage in the manufacturing of munitions, but they must be used not stored.
    Look at all the mid east countries and ask where do the guns come from, no one works there s very little money, some one is supplying freebes.

But while they are fighting each other they pose little threat to the west who supplies the weapons.

But chest beating as with N. K. can only go on for so long, in the end one side will capitulate.

I do not see Israel being stupid enough to start a conflict with Iran, but stranger things have happened.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think that they ever came out of the dark ages. Their medieval beliefs and way of life are still brainwashed into them not to long after birth. Some of the gulf counties have moved forward into tourism in anticipation of the supply of oil ending but the basic religious and tribal instincts embodied by the belief that death has more rewards than life.
    Will there be tourism after oil? That is the gamble they have taken. Perhaps Wind, Solar, Hydrogen, or Atomic power might be driving our ships but perhaps not our planes.
    But back to the original thread. There can never be peace. Since the creation of the universe there has been conflict. That is how it works. Only the strongest survive whether it be animal, vegetable, or mineral. Tribe against tribe, vegetation against vegetation, animal against animal. At the moment the evolutionary fight in that area is between religious beliefs (tribal). The strongest will win and of course there is always the possibility of a third WW developing from the conflict, heaven forbid, as that could signal the beginning of the end of human occupation of the planet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

they live out of a holly book but millions cant read they are against women and females from education of any type?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Lewis, we know the conflict is ongoing.
    But as Mike tells it, religion and cultures over rule all sense of common sense or morality.

Similar here in parts of Oz, the call from the Mosque overrules all no matter what is going on.

The strongest survive, the weak go under.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2