Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Missing books

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Missing books

hi john sabourn #30
    good morning, im afraid i cannot confess to either seeking out or finding america on my sailing expeditions and nor can i claim to have found the said land, as it seems not only erik the red is now front line in being the founder, but john cabot, ( cristobal colon ) who led the fishermen from bristol to the grand banks and is therefore considered to be in the running,along side cristopher columbus, but the real navigator and founder of america as sung by the spanish is no other than americo vespucci, but even more confusing the irish claim that a galway man named guillermo herries was part of the columbus expedition, you may be forgiven in thinking that guillermo herries is a strange name for a irishman but guillermo is actually william in spanish, but i have doubts as i dont believe that a catholic mother in galway in the 1500s would call her son william,anyway i digress as i did enjoy my sailing in wales although i never went far i enjoyed the relative freedom, and would have stayed longer except my wife is away down the south coast
    from monday morning and i had to show up to wave her off.
    my one disapointment in coming home was passing the local sailing cadets and seeing a very large flag denoting the colours of the rainbow all in aid of the limp wristed pink parrot one legged brigade, and i instantly was dragged back into this insane world.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: Missing books

T#31....my one disapointment in coming home was passing the local sailing cadets and seeing a very large flag denoting the colours of the rainbow all in aid of the limp wristed pink parrot one legged brigade, and I instantly was dragged back into this insane world.
    tom

You haven't sailed on the old passenger liners,Tom... or the RY Britannia !(Neither have I,.....just saying !)Pink Jack (2).gif

3. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Missing books

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    Namaste Sahib.Aap Kaisse Hai?.
    Sorry,mate I lost mine years ago,There's one here on E-Bay-not a bad price with free 2 day delivery,for a rare,long- out -of -print book,apparently in VG condition-(Bahut atcha condition,sahib).Go on mate,treat yourself,the memsahib will never know.Tell her it cost a fiver. Tik Hai ! CLICK HERE
    Main theek ap Kaisay Han
    I had searched for the book but unfortunately I did not found thou book if you want to read a book then one of my fav book is "A ROAD TO MECCA BY MOHAMMAD ASAD"

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4