Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: typical bleedin frogs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default typical bleedin frogs

IT appears the frogs have decided in there dispute with the uk over fishing rights ......which they appear to take no notice of anyway ....that in there usual sneaky feminine way of working they will cut the power line from france to jersey in the channel islands and leave the folk with no power ......i lookback in history and think no wonder we were at war with them for years ie crecy ....agincourt .....then the support we gave them during two world wars it is time to stop effing about and retaliate .....by for instance picking up the boats with immigrants in from france and dumping them back in france ...iether on the beaches of normandy ...from which we saved there bacon or by parachute into paris and by telling them where to stick there croque messiuersR683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: typical bleedin frogs

Typical Froggies Cappy, ignore, whine when the rules don't suit them.
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

I would be more concerned about the power to the UK being turned off, Npower, German owned , E On German owned, Scottish power Spanish owned, EDF French owned. I believe Npower & E On are now the one company but still German owned.

Are there any British energy suppliers?(yes I have used a bit of copy & Paste)

The short answer is no. Even though some energy companies still have headquarters in the UK, most of the energy they supply is imported from other countries.
    Well who do we blame for that?

The sale of vast and bureaucratic public monopolies (as well as a ragbag of other state-owned businesses) formed the backdrop for Margaret Thatcher's vision of a share-owning democracy.

Even the new Nuke plants they are building is relying on the yet unproven French reactors and Chinese company CGN, the Chinese company has refused to give security details to the British authorities.
    UK regulator says failure to disclose the information is unlikely to prove a problem.

Well the UK has sold it's soul to the highest bidder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last Christmas Eve there was supposed to have been an agreement reached on this issue when the CI governments (4 of them) voted in favour of the UK/EU trade deal. This has been a long running dispute going back to The Bay of Granville Fishing Agreement (signed in 2000 and coming into force in 2004) which established the fisheries management regime in the Normano-Breton Gulf. Ministers had agreed that some aspects needed reviewing and that the process was currently ongoing (August 2020).
    The Agreement allowed for the establishment of Jersey’s Territorial Waters out to the 12 mile limit or the median line, the capping of fishing effort in BoG Waters, and providing fishermen with a key role in the management of the stocks through a Joint Advisory Committee (JAC) composed of fishermen from Jersey and France.. This JAC aspect was particularly forward thinking at the time. The BoGA also acknowledges that marine management is complex and is constantly changing; therefore, an Article was included which obliges the parties to periodically review and update the Agreement. This review process is currently ongoing.
    Ministers have set out the principles for the review of the Agreement based on the BoGA key objectives. So why the French are now going back on this agreement is hard to understand, and their handling of the situation by threatening the Channel Islanders with cutting off their electricity is both childish and unhelpful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, yes Maggie privitised the state own power monopolies, but she retained a golden share in each of them which gave the UK ultimate control.
    In 2004 the EU declared that this system was illegal under EU rules and the golden shares were sold off.
    Lewis, why are we relying on French an Chinese technology? Oh forgot the Golden Chancellor flogged of the UK company that was in the forefront of design and build of nuclear reactors - Gordon Brown.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 5th May 2021 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

morning lewis ......a touch depressed this morning .....perhaps a french cognac or two last night .....jeez i only mentioned the frogs are threatening to cut of the power supply to jersey .....and off you go threatening doom and gloom fro the whole of europe ......ffs it doesnt matter who owns what from the EU in this country we have the right to use it.....we have managed for the last 1000 years or so ....and the chinese and ruskis are the ones we need to watch ......and of course the molitov irish ongoing war between themselves costing millions to the UK taxpayer year after year ...... your WE ARE DOOMED CAPTAIN MAINWARING is wearing a bit thin ...cheer up be happy its spring ......we could always parachute them immigrants into belfast .....lol cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

Vic , Gordon Brown flogged off Westinghouse electric for £3.4billion to Toshiba who own 67% of Westinghouse USA. The UK only paid £1 billion for it.
    suggest you read this link I have , no mention of being at the forefront of technology. https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-got-away.html. But will agree the UK should not be at the mercy of any foreign country for utilities be it Electric or Gas.
    I do not think to many Labour voters rushed out and sold off there Golden shares holdings do you ???

Cappy , cheer up be happy its spring !!! I am not long in from my walk along the seafront. Lovely sunny day but refreshing all the same. Spotted this big Black cloud rolling over the top of Glenarm, temperature bombed, started to rain a bit. I legged it as best I could to bus shelter 10 yards away( I was going to say 100 yards away) but I don't think I would have been believed if I had stuck with the 100yards. Anyway the wind got up and bang a big crack of thunder and Hailstorms nearly the size of golf balls (not really but fecken big) lasted about 10 minutes then it started snowing then the sun came out and all is well with the world. But as you say Spring is here so cheer up.

Back to the fishing, the Irish are up in arms an all with the EU. Dutch, Spanish & French boats are breaking an EU agreement about what hey can catch in Irish waters, also they are refusing to let Irish officials board their boats to carry out checks on catch size and quotas.

Had best start building the RN surface fleet up again, as we are going to need a bigger boat/fleet!!!https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

If the French fisher men do as they say and blockade Jersey ports I am sure a couple of RN frigates on a courtesy visit to Saint Helier and not being to fussy about how they enter the port may persuade them to reconsider.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 5th May 2021 at 02:18 PM.

8. Likes cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well like yourself lewis i have had the dog for a walk ...its bright and breezy ....plus a light shower but still chilly in the wind ....frost again last night .....but good colour in the garden starting to show .....the bleedin frogs are upsetting all and sundry ...but they are a in a bigger mess than anyone so the old method of taking the pressure off the macron followers .....if there is any left ......is to have a go at the brits .......someone must say BOO.....and the shops will be full of white flags for sale ....lol cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

I agree Cappy and I think the Germans are getting Pizzed off with them as well. This remainer has done a Winston and walked across the floor, the EU is wobbling.

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BBC reporting two RN patrol ships are being deployed to “monitor “ the situation after reports of upto 70 french fishing boats on their way to blockade St Helier harbour.
    Regards Michael

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast