Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: extended voyages

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: extended voyages

Well there must be more information about the whys and wherefore for him to do so. He must have signed freely and not under duress for it to be legal. It must have been beneficientry to himself. Maybe he is a part shareholder or something similar ? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    The Mate of the ship who has been stranded off the Egyptian coast for four years was made to sign a document which said he was the legal guardian of the ship.
    Alas Louis the poor sod probably didn't realise that he would be there for four years and thought it was a mere formality and probably thought he would get his passport back. I know there have been people on here who have said 'I wouldn't let anyone have my passport' but they probably haven't had an AK-47 stuck in their face, it can change your mind very fast, and bluster doesn't work, lots of countries around the world take your passport and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. I remember in France years ago you had to leave your passport with reception overnight until the police had checked it and you collected it next morning.

Anyway I hope the young man is treated well when he arrives home.

3. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of ships crews only have passports as travel documents, the likes of seismic crews who are not recognised seafarers with seamen’s papers . Every time in Russia however they the Russians used a discharge book as a passport and my books have Russian visas stamped in the back pages. However in most ports of the world everyone on board has to have recognition papers , so passports are used in place of discharge books. So immigration authority’s have every right to take possession of until its owner comes to leave the country. To be forcibly detained in a country against your will however with no crime being committed one would of thought that legal assistance would be soon there in the presence of the persons national embassy representative. There will be other extenuating circumstances to the brief story put out by the media. Who will always give out any information worded for their own convenience to extol the unbelievable value of the press. JS
    Re-reading those media stories and seeing the nationality of the various persons involved , the first thing that jumps to mind is maybe one of the reasons why the west is always engulfed with illegal Immigrants , just Maybe also there are is going to be a twisted story of political activity there somewhere. I would keep an open mind , on the reasons for such a quandary and doubt the truth will ever come out. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th April 2021 at 09:08 AM.
    R575129

5. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #12
    good morning, like most people im guilty of stating a fact and finding it untrue, this very morning my wife speaking at the gate to the girl over the census form, and as i walked down the path i heard he say, Oh yes i will make absolutely sure he fills it in today and i personally will send it right back, as i have to keep a sharp eye on him as his memory is not too good these days,
    tom

7. Likes cappy, j.sabourn, Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14.. Sounds like you married the right girl Thomas, did you know straight away when you asked her to bring you a screwdriver , and she said , Flat Head, Philips, or Vodka ?
    JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #15
    actually that was cappys line as he is the grey goose drinker but then again he had a penchant for long legged emus before that
    my choice of drink in the early days was anything liquid,
    tom

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can have my green tea bag then as soon as have finished with it on the stye on my eye. Will give you that bit of added flavour to the cuppa. Cheers bottoms up as Cappy always used to say until someone took him at his word, think it was the emu. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th April 2021 at 10:51 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #17
    i certainly will accept your used tea bag but make sure to leave any puss on it,as it will enhance the taste also
    as for cappy he is hard to please, one minute he is giving the chief engineer bowls of ice cream for his ruddy complexion, then hes skinning out to make a new life for himself down under with the long legged beauty Emuella
    tom

13. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tom if your wife happens to see #15. Her rejoiner would probably be .... Husband and self went grocery shopping with masks, got home, took off masks, brought home the wrong husband ! Stay alert people. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #19
    some of what you say could possibly come true, as im sure on the very few ocasions my wife has gotten me into a shop, im more than sure she would have been pleased if she had left me there, ?
    but i have her beat after what she told the census girl this morning, im going to start sewing my name into my gloves, hat and coat, so she cannot pretend to loose me,
    tom
    ps im going out for my walk to see if i can upset anybody down at the promanade,
    have a good day
    tom

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast