Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MPs Medals Disgrace

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MPs Medals Disgrace

Can you all take time to read this and add your names please. I didn't know this but MPs get a medal for visiting a war zone. They don't have to do time in country like our service personnel and they don't have to wait months afterwards to get presented with the thing. Medals are all the recognition we as soldiers get for spending long months in staggeringly deprived locations getting shot at and blown up. The most action and flak an MP sees is over their expenses. As we saw with the Wootton Basset petition thousands of signatures in a short space of time did make the government act. They cannot ignore the voters. Especially now with elections looming. Please take the time to sign this petition and please encourage all your family to also do so. Where it asks for your name also add on the same line former military if you were. You will see what others have done. I think this adds just a little more bite to the petition. Once again get everyone with an email address to sign, including neighbours. Lets do our service personal this small service for all the danger they face and hard work they complete in the name of our country.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/notompmedals

Steve R770014

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well !!!That's is the worse thing I have heard of for ages.

I was in the middle of The suez in the 6 day war and east Pakistan at the start of the civil war in 1970.
    Also twice in calcutta during the elections( now that's brave)

Where's my blood medal.
    What an insult to our troops.
    Ron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Steve.
    The usual digracefull behaviour by mps I wont honour them with capitals. I would love to add my name but am an Australian citizen now, but good luck with the petition.
    Cheers Des
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've signed, I agree that's disgraceful!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default For Taff

Mate like you I am an Oz citizen but as an expat I still sign them when I get the chance. These morons have to piyt back in their box and we the public, no matter where we live have a duty to those who serve to do all we can to right the wrongs.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Medals

Hi Steve my Esso shipmate, Hi shipmates' I agree with you all have sent my e/mail to protest. I was in my time at sea in a few war zones' and in Belfast bukering the power station and {Keeping a watch on deck for bombs with a flash light} Ashore I was stopped by our army with a rifle {Check point} , because I was carrying some bottles in a brown paper bag a carry out for us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I visited the house of Commons 12 years ago,
    Do I get a medal for being there????
    Cos it is full of criminals, thieves and vagabonds and all kinds of nut cases.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 17th February 2010 at 02:03 PM.

8. Likes judith george liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MP medals disgrace

I have just signed up to this petition. By the time my confirmation EMail came through another 20 had signed. A lot of signatures!!
    Nothing concerning this government and it members would surprise me. I am not yet seventy but in my time I have never seen anything as bad. I would suppose it refers to all MP's who visit the battlefield. Politicians are a disgrace!!

regards
    jimmy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It should be pointed out the medal in question is not an official campaign medal issued under the Royal Warrant, it is merely a commemorative medal issued after ten year service in the AFPS Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...se-medals.html

You see all sorts of these commemorative medals at parades and it's up to the individual if they wish to wear them.

"The object of giving medals, stars and ribbons is to give pride and pleasure those who have deserved them. At the same time a distinction is something which everybody does not possess. If all have it, it is of less value. There must therefore, be heartburnings and disappointments on the border line. A medal glitters, but it also casts a shadow. The task of drawing up regulations for such awards is one which does not admit a perfect solution. It is not possible to satisfy everybody without the risk of satisfying nobody. All that is possible is to give the greatest satisfaction to the greatest number and to hurt the feelings of the fewest." ( Winston Churchill 22nd March 1944)
    "Across the seas where the great waves grow, there are no fields for the poppies to grow, but its a place where Seamen sleep, died for their country, for you and for peace" (Billy McGee 2011)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default medals .

we should all get medals just for going deep water especialy on deck peter mccann

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast